26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
And I too was merely making an observation. Always interesting to me though that upon stating it as I often have in the past, there's an tendency to want to put an end to the discussion.

Which, btw, yes, is probably not best suited for this site. But it got brought up anyway. Along with the even more volatile religion subject in another thread.

If I may suggest, if such topics aren't wanted here, why start down that road, even as a drift from another subject? If you don't want to provoke political discussion, why interject into it at all knowing that even saying it shouldn't be discussed is likely to cause said discussion?
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 22nd comment:
You might want to double-check your timing on when I requested that the conversation not take place :smile:

If I may suggest, if such topics aren't wanted here, why start down that road, even as a drift from another subject? If you don't want to provoke political discussion, why interject into it at all knowing that even saying it shouldn't be discussed is likely to cause said discussion?

Who are you talking to? If you're talking to me, the reason I said something was that I was trying to point out as politely as possible that I think you (general you) made a mistake by starting this in the first place.

EDIT: I might add that as a moderator, you have a somewhat particular role to play in this kind of situation, especially if you feel that a kind of discussion isn't healthy or appropriate.
26 Feb, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 23rd comment:
Scandum said:
steady decline in average intelligence and its long term consequences as depicted in the movie Idiocracy.

Myth.

DavidHaley said:
This kind of discussion is simply not healthy for this site.

Truth.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 24th comment:
David Haley said:
EDIT: I might add that as a moderator, you have a somewhat particular role to play in this kind of situation, especially if you feel that a kind of discussion isn't healthy or appropriate.

I might also remind you that the last time I attempted such a role it was thrown back in my face in a not so polite manner. You may recall that I left that role to others, who are quite capable of stepping in if they think it's necessary.
26 Feb, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 25th comment:
Samson said:
You may recall that I left that role to others, who are quite capable of stepping in if they think it's necessary.

Saw you edit a post Tyche made.

-Crat
26 Feb, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 26th comment:
Indeed, I'll apologize for my faulty memory on that. Even so, I still think that anybody who thinks this kind of discussion is unhealthy shouldn't really be adding to it by agreeing with one of the POVs.
26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 27th comment:
Cratylus said:
Samson said:
You may recall that I left that role to others, who are quite capable of stepping in if they think it's necessary.

Saw you edit a post Tyche made.

-Crat

Flamebait.
26 Feb, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 28th comment:
Samson said:
Flamebait.

Nope. Truth. I pointed it out to Fury, who saw it too.

-Crat
26 Feb, 2009, Guest wrote in the 29th comment:
Still flamebait, and since you insist, I'll be locking this pending eval from the other admins just so this doesn't escalate any further.
26 Feb, 2009, kiasyn wrote in the 30th comment:
I approve this lock.
20.0/30