28 Feb, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Nice. Sounds a good deal simpler than writing a similar C++ wrapper (where 250 lines might cover just one of the wrapper classes you'd end up needing).
28 Feb, 2009, Grimble wrote in the 42nd comment:
elanthis said:
Nice. Sounds a good deal simpler than writing a similar C++ wrapper (where 250 lines might cover just one of the wrapper classes you'd end up needing).

Use SWIG to do it for you?
28 Feb, 2009, Vassi wrote in the 43rd comment:
Grimble said:
elanthis said:

Or you could just hire a programmer to finish your project.
28 Feb, 2009, elanthis wrote in the 44th comment:
Grimble said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does not SWIG require you to cut-n-paste and then maintain a stripped-down shadow copy of your class declarations in a separate interface file?
28 Feb, 2009, Grimble wrote in the 45th comment:
elanthis said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does not SWIG require you to cut-n-paste and then maintain a stripped-down shadow copy of your class declarations in a separate interface file?

Depends on the complexity of the class, and what you do and don't want to expose. SWIG has it's limitations, as would any mechanism that maps between two languages that may have different feature sets, but it does a pretty good job IMO.
40.0/45