30 Jul, 2006, Guest wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
The underlying QSF code got some updates. Most of which are internal bits nobody will ever likely see, but one that might just be of interest.

For those who upload avatars, they will now retain their proper file extensions which should allow animated avatars to work properly again. At the same time, some auto-detection code for avatar sizes went in. Should make it easier to get a proper size on freshly uploaded avatars.
31 Jul, 2006, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
Sounds neat, I'll have to watch for those nifty animated avatars. :smile:

I take it then that avatars (that originally had animation that just didn't show here) already uploaded won't become animated on their own then… though, from the looks of it, the slight animation in my avatar seems to be working, so maybe they will. :smile:
31 Jul, 2006, Guest wrote in the 3rd comment:
Animation is actually rather hit/miss due to the old way QSF handled saving avatars. If it works, you're among the lucky ones :)
31 Jul, 2006, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
Well, in this case, the avatar I'm using here was made for me a few years ago in Paint Shop Pro and doesn't involve much in the way of 'animation' (just a sparkling effect) so maybe I got lucky, maybe it was just a minor enough animation type that even the old QSF method worked.. I really hadn't paid attention to it before you'd said something. :lol:
0.0/4