01 Dec, 2008, blaen99 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
So, I've recently came back to the MUDding world after a multi-year hiatus to WoW.

Ended up going through quite a few MUDs (50+) before giving Stormhunters a shot. Overall, I'm quite impressed. It was originally based on ACK! 4.2, the Aftershock flavor specifically.

Of all the MUDs I tried, this is the first "next generation" so to speak MUD. The entire world is mostly redone, you've got a completely redone exp system (I've found at least 3 ways so far to level), plus the level grind has mainly been removed.

Several questing systems, with a new quest system coming in. Lots of new code changes. The codebase itself is radically redone, including having specialized group areas in end game.

Completely redone class and levelling system, as has been alluded to before. Overall, this old dog has had a blast playing. Only problem is, it could use more players.

MudBytes has a listing for it, I believe, and it's website can be reached at http://stormhunters.ackmud.net/ or you can simply log in at sithilus.wolfpaw.net port 7000. Give it a try, and hey, if you see me on (Blaen/Blaenub/Shin) be sure to yell - I'll help you out however I can.
29 Aug, 2009, Koron wrote in the 2nd comment:
Wow, I had no idea this post was even here. It's nice to find an advertisement for your own mud that you didn't make yourself.

Anyway, one thing to note is that the mud's address has changed since this post was made and can now be found at sh.ackmud.net:2000. The website is a bit dated now, but mostly still a good resource. I'll put updating it on my list of things to do.
Hopefully it's okay to necro this as I wouldn't want inaccurate info out there!
04 May, 2011, Abel wrote in the 3rd comment:
Not sure about whether we should make a new post about this or not, but our port listed in this promotion is outdated.
To play, connect to sh.ackmud.net, port 7000.

We've been continuing to make many changes (you can check them out in the Announcements forum at stormhunters.ackmud.net/forum) according to both our own ideas and those of the players. I guess the most significant recent changes would be the addition of team-based and clan-based deathmatches, as well as an improved clan war tracking and politics system.

It's a bit tough for me to remember what exactly was in at the time of his post, but rest assured that plenty has happened ;)
0.0/3