08 Nov, 2008, quixadhal wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information for us to help you here. I assume get_account() returns a valid account structure, but have no idea what's in it, or how it works. Seeing that d->account->password is such a small number, it's probably not a random value (uninitialized), but rather an instance of some integer being written over the (presumed) char * pointer.

I'd check your code that reads in account info and be sure you're reading strings as strings, and also verify that you are reading all the elements you expect to.
08 Nov, 2008, Banner wrote in the 22nd comment:
All right, I fixed that. I simply saved the account to d->account so that the data was useable all throughout logon. Now, however, the account saving seems to be saving over the second and third account sometimes. I have two accounts and can view them from the account menu. I logout and create a third, and log back in and can view all three. I try to create a fourth and when I log back in, the fourth one is on top of the second one. I've provided the write_accounts and fwrite_account functions below.
08 Nov, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 23rd comment:
In most cases, anyone trying to break this rule will just use a proxy to get around the account system.

Though, in the case of SWRs, I like account systems – Not only do they act as a deterrent to multiplayers, but they also allow for reward points, Roleplay points, whatever you call them – to be shared among a persons' characters. Say, to purchase the force for a new character when you get x amount of reward points.

And it really isn't that hard to send an email to the Administrator; "Hey, me and my brother both want to play but can't."
08 Nov, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 24th comment:
Nobody is complaining about using accounts to reward things. That's not what's being discussed here, though.
08 Nov, 2008, Banner wrote in the 25th comment:
Jeez, Zenn. No one cares. At any rate, I fixed it with help from Runter. Appreciate all the feedback, useless or not.
20.0/25