21 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Ok I added in the Dynamic Command Support to a dbsaga codebase. I get no errors in the compiling but when I log on no command or skill works. The mud acts as if they don’t exist. So I coded it where when I log on it tries to do cedit create do_cedit or anything and I get this error: Mon Apr 21 18:01:08 2008 :: [*****] BUG: Error locating do_cedit in symbol table. Resource temporarily unavailable

Then I looked up the startup log and it says for every skill and command error locating do_<codename> in symbol table. Illegal seek.
Thanks for hel in advance and sorry for bothering you all with my noobish problems.
21 Apr, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
are you using cygwin
21 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yes
22 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 4th comment:
How does that effect it?
22 Apr, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 5th comment:
How does that effect it?

Well it will most likely not work, or if it does, it might not work very well. If someone smart can actually get a fix for this i will add it to the eldhamud codebase.
22 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Someone smart already has made it work in Cygwin. Check the SmaugFUSS package, specifically the Makefile for it. That should set you both on the right track.
22 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 7th comment:
So this is a moron question. Do you mean the smaugfuss codebase or is thier a smaugfuss install packet for the snippet.
22 Apr, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 8th comment:
The actual codebase. Look specifically at the Makefile for the answer to getting the dynamic commands to work in CYGWIN.
24 Apr, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 9th comment:
Thanks for the help, I got it to work.
06 May, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 10th comment:
So now that I got this to work, I have come across another problem. The automatic quest system snippet, I tried to readd the spec_questmaster, and I added to specfuns.dat and We can't get it to save on the mob. It works when we set the mob with the specfun, but when we copyover the specfun disappears from the mobs. Any suggestions?
06 May, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 11th comment:
Doesn't sound like it is saving, make sure the mob is prototype.
07 May, 2008, Tailsthefox wrote in the 12th comment:
The mob is prototype when we make it then we fold the area then make it non-prototype, then save again and then copyover and it doesn't stick.
08 May, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 13th comment:
Use gdb to output the data (I don't know how specs are saved) before and after you save the area. You'll be able to tell if it's saving at all.
Random Picks
0.0/13