27 Mar, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Well, there exists this PSP MUD Client, which I was planning on getting a PSP-compatible keyboard for use with:
http://dl.qj.net/PSPMud-v0.1.1-PSP-Homeb...

But unfortunately I cannot figure out how to install it on my PSP.

Can anyone help? (Just because if I asked Sony, they would scream at me about using homebrew stuff. And if I asked the homebrew community, they would go 'lulz whutz a mud? u noob, u suk lol we r al leet an stuff like that so jus go awy')

So.. HEEELP!

- Zenn
27 Mar, 2008, Asylumius wrote in the 2nd comment:
I haven't looked into the PSP homebrew stuff in almost 2 years, at which time there were no 3rd party keyboards. Has someone come out with some kind of USB keyboard for it now?
27 Mar, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 3rd comment:
30 Mar, 2008, Tijer wrote in the 4th comment:
couldnt work out how the hell to install it :P
31 Mar, 2008, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
You might talk to Zeno about this one, he usually seems to be into stuff like connecting to his mud from his PSP, Xbox, etc…
31 Mar, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 6th comment:
lol yeah he IMed me already. :P I told him he needs custom firmware.
01 Apr, 2008, Zhamel wrote in the 7th comment:
Hmm. Interesting idea. Since I have 3.90 M33 on my slim I might try to get it working this week(end). If I can get it working it would be pretty sweet to log on while at hot spots.
02 Apr, 2008, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
Zeno said:
lol yeah he IMed me already. :P I told him he needs custom firmware.

Sorry about that, I suppose I should've known already from the mere fact that you hadn't responded yourself that you'd already given your advice on this one. :lol: :redface:
02 Apr, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 9th comment:
I have to wait for the next custom firmware to come out, because I upgraded my stock firmware before I looked at homebrew stuff. *sigh* And I don't want to have to downgrade it. So..

If you get it working, let me know :P
03 Apr, 2008, Zhamel wrote in the 10th comment:
Do you have the old fat PSP or the new slim? If you have the older one then you can load custom firmware by turning your battery into what is called a Pandora's Battery. It will allow you, or anyone, to downgrade/load any custom firmware.

If you don't have one yourself you can ask a friend, order one online, or try and find the right one in a gaming store. If you're interested I'll give you the link to where you can order one. The package has the battery already flashed, a memory stick to USB reader, a cd with the software you'll need and written instructions. All for about $25. It's extremely easy to load the firmware on your PSP.
06 Apr, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 11th comment:
The new Slim version.
06 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 12th comment:
Maybe I missed the memo about MudBytes's new focus, but why do we need Jedi Academy player stats in a signature on a MUD forum? (Plus, the darn thing insists on setting a cookie…)

For 12 pixels of content, you have 180 pixels of signature. :rolleyes:
06 Apr, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 13th comment:
It's XFire. I have no problem with it.
06 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 14th comment:
What business does it have in a MUD forum signature? And why would a simple link not suffice – why must a rather large image be included? ("Large" in the sense that half of the entire post, signature and forum skin included, is that one image.)
06 Apr, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 15th comment:
What business does it have in a MUD forum signature?

MUDs = Computer game.

And why would a simple link not suffice

XFire offers a dynamic sig feature, which he is using. Text would help cut down on the page length yes, but again. I see no problem with it.
06 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 16th comment:
MUDs are indeed computer games, but this is not a forum about computer games, it's a forum about MUDs…
06 Apr, 2008, Darwin wrote in the 17th comment:
I don't have a problem with it either. Then again, I have selected to not view signatures in my user settings. :smirk:
06 Apr, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 18th comment:
DavidHaley said:
MUDs are indeed computer games, but this is not a forum about computer games, it's a forum about MUDs…

» MudBytes MUD Code Repository » Discussion » General Chatter » PSP MUD Client

(My point being this site forum is not solely for MUD discussion.
06 Apr, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 19th comment:
Xfire puts what game you're playing currently/recently played in there, and for how long/what server you're in. I stuck it in my signature so I can boast about how good (or bad) I am :P

Also tells if you're online/offline.

Hey, I can always put the flashing red alert thing back in :grinning:
06 Apr, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 20th comment:
DavidHaley said:
What business does it have in a MUD forum signature? And why would a simple link not suffice – why must a rather large image be included? ("Large" in the sense that half of the entire post, signature and forum skin included, is that one image.)

Umm, your signature is about the same size as his image… seriously, it's not some major image, it doesn't flash anymore… If you're seriously going to say it's "large", feel free to reduce the size of your signature as it's about as big as his image.

Quick edit: I will give you that his signature is a little bit big, but you aren't arguing the size of his signature but the size of the image..
0.0/23