25 Jan, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I didn't want to address this in the public, but i have tried to contact a Mod of this site by email and i have not had a response, so p post here now in hopes of getting a response. As a side note any chance of a contact us link with an address that gets checked fairly often so we know who to get in contact with when an issue arises.

I recently needed to download a copy of my old code release to use in some area conversions. I was horrified to find that this was not the package as i had released it. Added to it was imc and sha256 passwords. I find it highly unethical that someone would make changes to by codebase and then pass it off as if it was mine and not even inform me of those additions.

Personally i don't care for who what how and why, but i would like to have the correct download package restored, as released, which is the one available on mudmagic. I do not mind if the other one stays as long as its given a name change to reflect that it is not the release as made my myself.

Thanks,

Robert Powell. AKA, Tommi of Eldhamud.
25 Jan, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 2nd comment:
I don't want to sound like a dick but searching your name I don't see any uploads. Are you sure someone didn't release a derivative of your codebase? If you didn't upload anything, it's just not possible to modify what you uploaded because it's simply not there. :D

To add to this, it does indeed sound like someone else modified it and released the code. You should contact the person that uploaded it and ask them to change the name of the upload if it does in fact conflict with your license(if you didn't say they can't release the package with the same name, you're kind of screwed there I think.).
25 Jan, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 3rd comment:
You didn't look very hard, just because i didn't upload it does not mean that it is not my code.

Description:
This is the final release version of the Eldhamud 1 server, it is complete with all the zones we were running. Eldhamud 2 is about 12 months away and will be a totally different game.

Author: Robert Powell

Besides, a lot of the code on this site had been collected and uploaded by various people, and credited to the correct authors. At some point my package has been collected and uploaded in the same fashion. But unfortunately it is not the package as released. I have noticed it and asked for it to be corrected.
25 Jan, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 4th comment:
Tommi said:
You didn't look very hard, just because i didn't upload it does not mean that it is not my code.

I never said it wasn't your code. I said it was quite possibly a derivative of your code. If you didn't let people know they can't release the code under your MUDs name, it falls into your court to ask politely to rename the code. If you didn't want it released under the same name, you should have stated so in your license. If you did, the MUD will most likely be removed due to conflicting with the license it was released with.

Tommi said:
Description:
This is the final release version of the Eldhamud 1 server, it is complete with all the zones we were running. Eldhamud 2 is about 12 months away and will be a totally different game.

Author: Robert Powell

Besides, a lot of the code on this site had been collected and uploaded by various people, and credited to the correct authors. At some point my package has been collected and uploaded in the same fashion. But unfortunately it is not the package as released. I have noticed it and asked for it to be corrected.

Then upload the source from mudmagic. These guys are running this site for free. You aren't paying them to host your code nor is anyone else(that I know of. :p). You aren't paying for a service. Asking them to correct this issue is kind of silly seeing as you can just upload the original source you want from mudmagic.

Also, as you pointed out, they did credit you for the code.. Maybe they just released what they had because they wanted the code here for them to have a backup copy. :D
25 Jan, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 5th comment:
Oh great, lets turn a simple request that a package with my name on it actually be the work of the author into just another flame fest cause i prolly have pissed you off on some other forum. Kudos to you, This is the very reason why i tried to email someone associated with this site about the issue, so i don't have to deal with pinheads like you. Now run along to mummy and let the grown ups talk now dear.
25 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Ok. Enough with the flames. I don't care who is requesting what, getting into a fight with other users isn't the way to go about this.

For the rest of why this wasn't treated as though the building was on fire and people were dying: http://www.smaugmuds.org/index.php?a=top...
25 Jan, 2008, Tommi wrote in the 7th comment:
Thanks, i have replied over there, you can delete this pointless thread if you want.
28 Jan, 2008, Davion wrote in the 8th comment:
Tommi, we have a PM system built into the site. Sending one to Kiasyn, Asylumius, Samson and I would be the fastest way to get a response. We have four administrators here, sending it to one and demanding an immediate response is unreasonable, sending it to all four of us would probably have gotten things handled much quicker. If you find anything else of yours in our repository please let us know so we can remove it! Thanks.
0.0/8