15 Jan, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I think it'd be kind of nice to mark posts as read on a single forum or possibly a way to specify which forums you wanted to mark all as read. While also still being able to mark the entire forum(all boards) as read as well..

Make sense? lol
15 Jan, 2008, Xalin wrote in the 2nd comment:
I believe there is a feature like this already. When you first go into Forum with all the Categories and Board you should see a Green Circle with a White Checkmark in it. That indicates that new posts are in that forum and if you close it, it will mark them all as read.
15 Jan, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yeah, I know. However, it will mark all threads in all boards as read. Not in a specific forum but all of it.
EDIT: That is assuming I'm not such an idiot that I just can't find it. I am quite the idiot though. lol

Also, might want to remove the www from your website. Don't think the subdomain likes it. :p
15 Jan, 2008, Xalin wrote in the 4th comment:
Never noticed that…… well I fixed it so….. lol

Anyway…… I thought you might have meant that and I haven't seen the feature either so your not a complete idiot. Then I again I'm extremely ignorant. ;)
16 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 5th comment:
It's also entirely possible there's still a bug in the marking code at the forum level. I'll have to remember to check on that at some point.
16 Jan, 2008, Conner wrote in the 6th comment:
You know, I'd thought about pointing out that this should probably be taken to QSF Portal, but I honestly wasn't entirely certain they were discussing these forums. :sad:
16 Jan, 2008, Darwin wrote in the 7th comment:
Xalin said:
I believe there is a feature like this already. When you first go into Forum with all the Categories and Board you should see a Green Circle with a White Checkmark in it. That indicates that new posts are in that forum and if you close it, it will mark them all as read.
Those green dots with the checks in them are also in the sub-forums. I use those all the time and they seem to work for me. They're located on the top row just left of the word "Topic".
When I click the one in the "Web Related" forum, I get the message "All posts in the forum Web Related have been marked as read."
16 Jan, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Ah, yes. I think the confusion comes from clicking 'mark all' – which is on the same line as the forum you're in – and expecting to have just all of that forum's posts marked, but instead having all posts everywhere marked as read.
16 Jan, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 9th comment:
Conner said:
You know, I'd thought about pointing out that this should probably be taken to QSF Portal, but I honestly wasn't entirely certain they were discussing these forums. :sad:

Yeah, I was going to do that.. Not sure why I didn't actually..

Darwin said:
Those green dots with the checks in them are also in the sub-forums. I use those all the time and they seem to work for me. They're located on the top row just left of the word "Topic".
When I click the one in the "Web Related" forum, I get the message "All posts in the forum Web Related have been marked as read."

Oh word, I didn't even try and click those as I was assuming they were just to let you know there were new posts in that forum(Like I said, I'm an idiot). Though, maybe when you enter a forum have the "mark all" reflect on that forum you're viewing and from the main level have it mark all forums as read?

Confused anyone yet? lol
16 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 10th comment:
Makes sense to me. If the links are causing confusion then I'll get those cleared up so that "mark all" marks the forum you're in, or the main board. That's an easy template adjustment. It will require some code adjustment to get that to mark all of the posts in a topic if you're in the topic view though.
17 Jan, 2008, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
<mutter>Joy, more link fixes for all the qsfp forums and template changes and code adjustments :evil:</mutter> er, I meant: Cool, so we'll have more user-friendly forums when that's done then! :smile:
01 Mar, 2008, Kjwah wrote in the 12th comment:
Conner said:
<mutter>Joy, more link fixes for all the qsfp forums and template changes and code adjustments :evil:</mutter> er, I meant: Cool, so we'll have more user-friendly forums when that's done then! :smile:

Sorry mang!!!

Just easy interfaces are easy. :D

Don't hate me too much. :(

:)
01 Mar, 2008, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
No biggie, Kjwah, it really is a good suggestion and probably something that's actually needed as well since if it confused you it probably confused others too. Just hate to have to patch up my QSFP sites when I can otherwise avoid it. ;) *shrug*
0.0/13