26 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I think that the Recent Uploads is as important as Recent Posts. So I'm thinking that the left nav bar should be merged with the top nav bar, and Recent Uploads be moved to where the left nav bar. Thoughts?
27 Jun, 2006, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
Obviously it's Samson and Davion's call, but overall, I'll concur on this one, the first thing I do each time I check in here is to check both the recent posts and the recent uploads to see if there's anything new, and it would be easier if recent uploads were closer to the top, and there is plenty of room, presently, on the left side, maybe recent uploads could be placed between the navigation section and the stats section?
27 Jun, 2006, Asylumius wrote in the 3rd comment:
We're in the process of revamping the layout to perform more like a web portal and less like the original forum. The top/left navigation menus will most likely end up as one.

Any more input is welcome.
27 Jun, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
Speaking of Recent Uploads, could it also say the Uploader/Author and what code section it's under?
28 Jun, 2006, mordecai wrote in the 5th comment:
While we're on the subject, how about customizing what sections of code we see in the stream? Kinda like how diggV3 allows you to ignore certain items that you're not interested in?
30 Jul, 2006, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
As people may notice, the left nav-bar is now missing and has been merged with the navbar on the top. Saves a bit of space. Recent uploads now occupies the old spot.

There isn't space enough in the small side boxes to squeeze in much more info than what's already there. So adding the author and category info is probably not going to happen.

And I'm not sure the level of customization like Digg is going to be possible here. Last I checked Digg uses a heavy amount of AJAX to support the things it does, and AJAX is very temperamental stuff.
30 Jul, 2006, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
Looks nice.

As for the author/section it's in, what about having it as hover text over the code link? Actually… I think that the Author and Section should be displayed normally (where Downloads and Size is) and instead, Downloads and Size should be hover text. Just a thought.
30 Jul, 2006, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
Yes, that's not a bad idea either. Might be able to swing that here in a few minutes. Lemmie poke around a bit.

(time passes)

Hrm. No. Having it add the category as part of the displayed data won't work. Seeing "Snippets" won't be very useful. Trying to squeeze in the entire tree won't work either since some of them are rather deep. So I think Perhaps author and submitted by instead.
31 Jul, 2006, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
Well, I think it's already a very nice improvement, personally. :)
0.0/9