08 Dec, 2007, Asylumius wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Samson is back in full capacity.

In case of emergency we advise you to crawl under your desk, cover your head, and whatever you do, don't look into his eyes.

That is all.
08 Dec, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
It's good to be back. A lot of what's happened in the last couple of weeks was a huge mess, resulting from numerous misunderstandings and miscommunications. I've had a chance to talk with each of the admins on the team and we've all mutually agreed that my leaving was not what anyone wanted, myself included.

I'd like to also thank all of you who have written me with your support and encouragement during all of this. It is much appreciated and went a long way to helping get things back into perspective for me. I'm hopeful we can all put this behind us and move on together to help continue making MudBytes a valuable community resource.
08 Dec, 2007, Avaeryn wrote in the 3rd comment:
Samson said:
It's good to be back. A lot of what's happened in the last couple of weeks was a huge mess, resulting from numerous misunderstandings and miscommunications. I've had a chance to talk with each of the admins on the team and we've all mutually agreed that my leaving was not what anyone wanted, myself included.

I'd like to also thank all of you who have written me with your support and encouragement during all of this. It is much appreciated and went a long way to helping get things back into perspective for me. I'm hopeful we can all put this behind us and move on together to help continue making MudBytes a valuable community resource.

Congrats! Glad to hear the good news.
08 Dec, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 4th comment:
Welcome back ;)
08 Dec, 2007, Conner wrote in the 5th comment:
For what it's worth, I think this was an excellent decision and it's good to have you back. :smile:
08 Dec, 2007, Devenon wrote in the 6th comment:
Glad, as always, to have you around and making a contribution :)
09 Dec, 2007, Hades_Kane wrote in the 7th comment:
Despite me being one of the reasons you resigned, I'm glad to see you back.
10 Dec, 2007, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
Welcome back, Samson. I hope that as a community we all learned something from this unpleasant incident and can move forward avoiding mistakes of the past.
10 Apr, 2008, Magus wrote in the 9th comment:
Yeah, I was reading the post where Samson resigned and I got depressed. I was all like hey wait a minute that's the guy who put that codebase up! And then I was all gonna send him a PM saying "Don't go dude, from the looks of things, (I've only been here half a day, but read alot) they need you!"

Anyways, glad to hear that your resignation wasn't permanent.

A TOAST! TO SAMSON!!
10 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 10th comment:
It would appear that we have a necromancer in our midst! :wink:
10 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 11th comment:
Necromancy is legal in Cyrodiil… oh wait. Wrong game :P
10 Apr, 2008, David Haley wrote in the 12th comment:
But, uh, what do you think the penalty is? Well, it depends on whether it was the first time…

Heh, what a random conversation that is from the game. :smile:
10 Apr, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 13th comment:
With a name like Magus… I would anticipate some sort of dark arts at work…

Kinda funny though, our "Magus" class (name in honor of the Chrono Trigger character) also doubles as our necromancer class as well :p
11 Apr, 2008, Magus wrote in the 14th comment:
What's really odd is that I couldn't think of a name when I was playing "lurking fear II" back in the day, it's a godwars PK/RP mud, and after much thought, I figured it would be really awesome to RP as my favorite CT character. The staff at first was very strict when it came to some of the aspects of my character, although it was quite a rush, the mud drama became later overwhelming as the imm wars began and eventually mud wars. I ended up having to side with certain imms, be banned and unbanned and all sorts of stuff that didn't make sense, and finally I just said screw it and ended up deleting. (The name kinda grew on me, and so I use it often)

I have never seen fully grown adults play such a highschool role so well.
11 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 15th comment:

Welcome to the world of MUDs. You can't have an honest debate, or make a controversial statement, without someone wanting to take your head and bash it into the ground, because you're oh so wrong, all the while screaming at the top of their lungs about free speech and tolerance :P

People figure I chose the name Samson as some kind of religious statement or political thing, but it was really quite lame. For anyone old enough to remember, The Bards' Tale for the Commodore 64 came with a prebuilt party of characters. The leader of which they named Samson. Original, I know. But that one prebuilt character grew on me and I've used the name off and on in every CRPG I've ever played, and transferred that to the internet when I finally connected to it :)
11 Apr, 2008, Hades_Kane wrote in the 16th comment:
Samson said:

Welcome to the world of MUDs. You can't have an honest debate, or make a controversial statement, without someone wanting to take your head and bash it into the ground, because you're oh so wrong, all the while screaming at the top of their lungs about free speech and tolerance :P

You can on End of Time, which just so you know, has a lot of Chrono Trigger influence… *cough*
11 Apr, 2008, Guest wrote in the 17th comment:
Heh. I wasn't referring to any specific game with that Hades :)

I think it's been pretty well established that folks on certain other forums only want to engage in pissing contests with each other. Yes, guilty as charged on occasion, but I'm human. Or so I hope anyway.
11 Apr, 2008, Remcon wrote in the 18th comment:
People figure I chose the name Samson as some kind of religious statement or political thing, but it was really quite lame. For anyone old enough to remember, The Bards' Tale for the Commodore 64 came with a prebuilt party of characters. The leader of which they named Samson. Original, I know. But that one prebuilt character grew on me and I've used the name off and on in every CRPG I've ever played, and transferred that to the internet when I finally connected to it :)

Lol don't feel to bad I got Remcon from two mud commands that I used alot on my first character on RoD back in 95 (Remove and Consider) just for some reason decided when I created my second character to put the first 3 letters of each together and there you have it lol, been using it since.
11 Apr, 2008, kiasyn wrote in the 19th comment:
I was given a 'Kianen' character on a mud, and went to make a new character and was looking for a name. An imm named Xanisi gave me the name Kiasyn. Used it ever since. Xanisi if you're out there, pm me!
0.0/19