09 May, 2016, Odoth wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
No new posts showing in site feed since 13 April…
09 May, 2016, Odoth wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not broken!
09 May, 2016, Jindrak wrote in the 3rd comment:
Odoth said:
Not broken!

Semi-Broken, unless the "Site Feed" on main page intentionally does not display posts from all forums…

And on the Personal Taste side of things, I find the "Activity Feed" broken. I know some of the links cause it to display only threads for a particular forum, but due to the low activity it just comes across as odd and semi-misleading as what are new posts…
11 May, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 4th comment:
I think interest in our hobby is what's broken :p
11 May, 2016, Jindrak wrote in the 5th comment:
Hades_Kane said:

Unfortunately…

Like to think I'll still be one of the people running/developing in their local environment when ever that day comes that last MUD closes its doors though….

Assuming I see that day…
12 May, 2016, Odoth wrote in the 6th comment:
Honestly I think the activity on this site seemed to die down quite a bit when the layout changed. I feel like before that you'd see about the same amount of posing here and on TMC. I still see daily posting on TMC but here only crickets…
12 May, 2016, Hades_Kane wrote in the 7th comment:
Jindrak said:
Hades_Kane said:

Unfortunately…

Like to think I'll still be one of the people running/developing in their local environment when ever that day comes that last MUD closes its doors though….

Assuming I see that day…

I've always felt the same way. Admittedly, I abandoned things pretty hard for the majority of the last year… I think a combination of getting into a few games I was getting to PLAY rather than develop (Skyrim, Fallout 4, DayZ) and burn out from a VERY productive year on EoT sapped my motivation. I'm back on it now, its just… whenever I step away for any amount of time, the playerbase pretty much goes with it, so we're practically a ghost town right now. BUT, we're VERY close to opening a significant chunk of additional content (15 levels, and 15 levels worth of content) so I'm hopeful it'll pick back up.

In the end though, after SO MANY YEARS of working on this codebase (technically since '99, though I would consider the games' current incarnation to have really started in late 2005), I can't see myself ever really being done with it. I've literally spent over half of my life with this codebase.

Odoth said:
Honestly I think the activity on this site seemed to die down quite a bit when the layout changed. I feel like before that you'd see about the same amount of posing here and on TMC. I still see daily posting on TMC but here only crickets…

I do think there's some merit there.

The change also seemed to make it a bit harder to follow new discussion. I know there's other "click through" ways to find updated topics, but if there's one topic you aren't interested in that has X new comments in it, that's all you'll see on the front page and its a discouraging factor to try to find if there's any new discussion in any other threads you may be more interested in. I think showing the most recent comment in a given thread instead of any/all new/recent ones is a much better way to display.

However, even TMC is MUCH, MUCH quieter than it was a year ago, too.
12 May, 2016, Tijer wrote in the 8th comment:
i agree the change to this site majorly slowed the discussion here…. but there's a similar slowdown on all the other mud forums on the net…
I dont think muds will ever die out… as ive been hearing "muds are dying" since i started playing them in 1996….
17 May, 2016, Torog wrote in the 9th comment:
Anyone know how to make the search bar work? Under 'Files' there's a search field that if you type something in and hit Enter … nothing happens. Help?
22 May, 2016, Rhien wrote in the 10th comment:
The two biggest things changes on this site that still need work (IMO, constructive criticism):

- The old forum worked much better in terms of searching and reading. Activity has very much slowed since the change.
- Mudbytes is the defacto resource for mud code, snippets, code bases, releases, etc (especially the historical ones). The search doesn't seem to work and it's painful to find things now. The old structure worked much better (or make the search work).

That said, thanks to those that provide the resource.
0.0/10