25 Jul, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Trying to get my girlfriend into MUDding, dystopia is overly complicated and she wants to explore…can't find it anywhere online (used to be on Godwars.net) was hoping Trent or Chino might see this. It won't be ran online (server on my LAN) IF if that makes any difference.
25 Jul, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 2nd comment:
We don't have internet (posting from a cellphone) or else we'd play an established MUD.
26 Jul, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 3rd comment:
I actually have a copy of the code.. but it probably will not compile with current versions of gcc… (OLD version from 2002-2005)
27 Jul, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 4th comment:
So far i've gotten CotN, Dystopia, LoC to compile, though I have no idea what version Gcc I have (running Kali linux with tcsh installed) .
27 Jul, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 5th comment:
to see what version of gcc you have type gcc -v…
28 Jul, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 6th comment:
I'll check next time the kids aren't using the pc I run it off, thanks so much for rresponding Tijer.
28 Jul, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 7th comment:
4.7.2 …
01 Aug, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 8th comment:
I feel like a dummy … found a copy of SoH on here (Diku/merc/Godwars/subservers)…it doesn't compile clean but it starts up…crashes when you kill a goblin though. ..if anyone has a spare moment or two, could you help get it to compile? I'm no coder, but i've gotten a few codebases to compile clean through trial and error but this is beyond me. Thanks in advance … Onyx
02 Aug, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 9th comment:
After further investigation it's not the goblin that's crashing it…just a coincidence that a goblin was the 5th mob I killed…it's crashing when I kill the 5th mob…I got it to compile cleanly (except wunused variables, but I always have them) so now i'm stuck.
02 Aug, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 10th comment:
Sound like you are missing the subdirectories of store and backup in the players directory…
04 Aug, 2015, Onyx wrote in the 11th comment:
That was exactly it lol….amazing how I miss the small stuff.
05 Aug, 2015, Tijer wrote in the 12th comment:
Nah… i've done it so many times i recognized the error :)
13 Jan, 2016, chino wrote in the 13th comment:
Way late reply here, but if you're still looking for it, I might have it around here somewhere. I know I've managed to get versions up and running on modern platforms, but… it's a bit of a mess.
0.0/13