16 May, 2013, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Is there an interest in seeing this MUD back online? It's not DBX/DBSaga/DBZW and has a unique grid based room system.

Details.

It was hosted on my server, and my new VPS isn't playing nicely. If there's an interest, I'll invest time in getting it back up.
17 May, 2013, Xandler wrote in the 2nd comment:
I for one would like to see this unique mud back. I'm kind of tired of all the generic saga clones out there, considering 99% of them aren't worth the effort. Not to mention not that many good muds based on the dragonball anime are up and running.
17 May, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 3rd comment:
I don't know how many dragonballs M**s are out there but I know it's entirely too many. ;)

Edit: Forgot a word!
25 Feb, 2014, Vakareon wrote in the 4th comment:
While I realize this response is woefully late as I was not struck with nostalgic pangs to replay any sort of Dragonball MUD until incredibly recently, my own personal opinion is that, with the exception of a minute few, most Dragonball Z MUDs are incredibly monotonous and almost IDENTICAL to one another. Dragonball: Lost Time was the second MUD I'd ever played, and its gameplay has ultimately been the scales upon which I have judged every Dragonball MUD hence, and none of them has ever met the bar that was set by this game. The movement, combat, ability, and transformation systems were all amazingly nuanced and I would stop playing any of the MUDs I play now in order to experience that combination of spectacular gameplay once again.
25 Feb, 2014, Dean wrote in the 5th comment:
Vakareon said:
While I realize this response is woefully late as I was not struck with nostalgic pangs to replay any sort of Dragonball MUD until incredibly recently, my own personal opinion is that, with the exception of a minute few, most Dragonball Z MUDs are incredibly monotonous and almost IDENTICAL to one another. Dragonball: Lost Time was the second MUD I'd ever played, and its gameplay has ultimately been the scales upon which I have judged every Dragonball MUD hence, and none of them has ever met the bar that was set by this game. The movement, combat, ability, and transformation systems were all amazingly nuanced and I would stop playing any of the MUDs I play now in order to experience that combination of spectacular gameplay once again.

Even mine, Vakareon? *bops*
26 Feb, 2014, Ssolvarain wrote in the 6th comment:
ESPECIALLY YOURS :tongue:
26 Feb, 2014, Vakareon wrote in the 7th comment:
In a word; yes. While I do admire the progress that Advent Truth has made in the right direction, particularly in the gameplay department, the freedom of gameplay that The Dragonball: Lost Time offered was unparalleled. I can say, without a doubt, however, that Advent Truth's roleplay-enforced environment is incredibly enjoyable, and the step away from the "This race has these abilities" system is refreshing, there was something truly invigorating by how the skills in Lost Time worked; as far as gameplay worked, you didn't HAVE mentors or senseis. Each and every skill was available to nearly every race, with few exceptions (The ability to eat people as bio androids, the ability to eat souls as a demon, the ability to heal as a Namekian, and fingerbeam/eyebeam for Icers/Androids), and the only way to acquire them, beyond the basic punch, kick, kiblast, etc., was to "max" a level of a skill, and then learn it up to the next tier, so to say; that gave you a random chance of learning another ability, often of the same kind; such as learning to utilize fiery kicks after leveling up your kick skill progress. Also, another thing that was riveting about its gameplay was the fact that moving in the traditional MUD directions didn't necessarily leave a room; each room consisted of a certain number of these, and proximity helped determine a variety of things, including when you could and couldn't engage in melee combat. The way melee combat was handled was also incredibly amazing, in my opinion.

You had a set number of basic attacks that would go off at regular intervals; somewhat like an auto-attack in a game like League of Legends, or any other MMOs. but there were no "rounds." While it is true that there are no rounds in Advent Truth, the combat feels very sluggish to me, even as my character advances in level and learns new abilities. This isn't a bad thing; it's merely my own perception and biases working against me despite a well-working system in place. What I liked so much about Lost Time was that the speed in which the auto-attacks could go off, once you grew incredibly powerful, gave the illusion that your character was just as fast as the anime or manga characters were, not managing an attack every five or ten seconds; you could throw four off every second if you were fast enough. While, admittedly, I haven't gotten far enough to see how transformations actually function in Dragonball: Advent Truth, I also enjoyed the way it worked in Lost Time more than any other I've experienced before. Rather than becoming a randomly accessible thing activated by luck after you hit a certain power level, you were required to do different things in order to acquire such transformations; Namekians, for example, were required to meditate. Saiyans had to focus their rage in combat -constantly- in order to become capable of achieving a Super Saiyan State. Icers achieved their transformations somewhat similarly, although theirs was far more dangerous; they had to black out and hope they didn't die.

Anyhow, the point I'm making here, is that every single nuance of the game spoke to me on a personal level, in gameplay, concept, and function. Because I doubt everyone has the same opinions as me as to what makes a game "grand," I wouldn't want to specifically go along the lines of shouting for change in another MUD that's already popular and well established as it is into something that, when I enjoyed it, I was one of the few players that played. My apologies if I offended you by my wanton and seemingly zealous praise of Lost Time, but while Advent Truth is indeed THE best modern Dragonball Z MUD I have ever experienced, and I think it would be very amazing if the game took a few strides in the direction of Lost Time, I would much rather to go to a model where things were already accepted that way, rather than try to shake the foundation of a tried and proven gameplay. Oh, and it had a really cool muscle system, but that wasn't really as important as the other parts, in my opinion… And now I'm rambling. <_<;

TL;DR
I love Advent Truth and how it works, but I liked the combat of The Dragonball much more as it gave the illusion of being on par with the canonical characters from the anime; the nostalgia of amazing game mechanics far outstrips the possibilities presented by RP, and Advent Truth would have to change in order for it to take the place of #1 MUD in my heart, and I don't expect or ask that. Also, I don't have the motivation to play a character other than the one I want to play for how long it takes to get 60 RPP, which I need to play the one I want to play. So go figure. :p
03 Mar, 2014, Dean wrote in the 8th comment:
Vakareon said:
In a word; yes. While I do admire the progress that Advent Truth has made in the right direction, particularly in the gameplay department, the freedom of gameplay that The Dragonball: Lost Time offered was unparalleled. I can say, without a doubt, however, that Advent Truth's roleplay-enforced environment is incredibly enjoyable, and the step away from the "This race has these abilities" system is refreshing, there was something truly invigorating by how the skills in Lost Time worked; as far as gameplay worked, you didn't HAVE mentors or senseis. Each and every skill was available to nearly every race, with few exceptions (The ability to eat people as bio androids, the ability to eat souls as a demon, the ability to heal as a Namekian, and fingerbeam/eyebeam for Icers/Androids), and the only way to acquire them, beyond the basic punch, kick, kiblast, etc., was to "max" a level of a skill, and then learn it up to the next tier, so to say; that gave you a random chance of learning another ability, often of the same kind; such as learning to utilize fiery kicks after leveling up your kick skill progress. Also, another thing that was riveting about its gameplay was the fact that moving in the traditional MUD directions didn't necessarily leave a room; each room consisted of a certain number of these, and proximity helped determine a variety of things, including when you could and couldn't engage in melee combat. The way melee combat was handled was also incredibly amazing, in my opinion.

You had a set number of basic attacks that would go off at regular intervals; somewhat like an auto-attack in a game like League of Legends, or any other MMOs. but there were no "rounds." While it is true that there are no rounds in Advent Truth, the combat feels very sluggish to me, even as my character advances in level and learns new abilities. This isn't a bad thing; it's merely my own perception and biases working against me despite a well-working system in place. What I liked so much about Lost Time was that the speed in which the auto-attacks could go off, once you grew incredibly powerful, gave the illusion that your character was just as fast as the anime or manga characters were, not managing an attack every five or ten seconds; you could throw four off every second if you were fast enough. While, admittedly, I haven't gotten far enough to see how transformations actually function in Dragonball: Advent Truth, I also enjoyed the way it worked in Lost Time more than any other I've experienced before. Rather than becoming a randomly accessible thing activated by luck after you hit a certain power level, you were required to do different things in order to acquire such transformations; Namekians, for example, were required to meditate. Saiyans had to focus their rage in combat -constantly- in order to become capable of achieving a Super Saiyan State. Icers achieved their transformations somewhat similarly, although theirs was far more dangerous; they had to black out and hope they didn't die.

Anyhow, the point I'm making here, is that every single nuance of the game spoke to me on a personal level, in gameplay, concept, and function. Because I doubt everyone has the same opinions as me as to what makes a game "grand," I wouldn't want to specifically go along the lines of shouting for change in another MUD that's already popular and well established as it is into something that, when I enjoyed it, I was one of the few players that played. My apologies if I offended you by my wanton and seemingly zealous praise of Lost Time, but while Advent Truth is indeed THE best modern Dragonball Z MUD I have ever experienced, and I think it would be very amazing if the game took a few strides in the direction of Lost Time, I would much rather to go to a model where things were already accepted that way, rather than try to shake the foundation of a tried and proven gameplay. Oh, and it had a really cool muscle system, but that wasn't really as important as the other parts, in my opinion… And now I'm rambling. <_<;

TL;DR
I love Advent Truth and how it works, but I liked the combat of The Dragonball much more as it gave the illusion of being on par with the canonical characters from the anime; the nostalgia of amazing game mechanics far outstrips the possibilities presented by RP, and Advent Truth would have to change in order for it to take the place of #1 MUD in my heart, and I don't expect or ask that. Also, I don't have the motivation to play a character other than the one I want to play for how long it takes to get 60 RPP, which I need to play the one I want to play. So go figure. :p

My response wasn't all too serious, but that aside, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
25 Jun, 2014, Xandler wrote in the 9th comment:
I know this post is way way way late and Zeno's probably already made his decision about it. but. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this mud when it was around. It was a good change from the grinding I did on other dragonball muds I played, the grinding for PL and forms in my opinion would make you come back for more.
0.0/9