27 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm gonna skip over the theatrics and get right to the point.

Isle of Winterhold is a new event area for the winter season, originally intended for Thanksgiving. It took 3 days to make, and by make, I mean prog the ever-living crap out of.

The player goes out into the wilderness and fights mobs that will always be +2 levels over them, providing an equal footing for everyone to participate. When carrying the tools that correspond to a specific area on the map, players are able to obtain resources that go into the rebuilding of the Winterhold settlement, raising buildings which, in turn, unlock the option to build more structures, and other features. It is a progressive area that unfolds as progress is made.

When the next-to-last building is finished, I'll be holding an immortal-ran event similar to thanksgiving and awarding prizes to those who join in the celebration. There's one or two more secrets that will follow the event, but I'm not going to talk about that :3

Stop by, pick up a couple of levels, and make your way to Termina where a storyteller stands ready to tell you the tale of Winterhold.
27 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
Ssolvarain said:
The player goes out into the wilderness and fights mobs that will always be +2 levels over them, providing an equal footing for everyone to participate.

What happens when players of different levels are grouped?
27 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 3rd comment:
Then the mob is based on whichever player happens to trigger the mob.
27 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 4th comment:
Ssolvarain said:

So what you're saying is…throw out the level 1 newbie in the group to provoke all the fights. :-p
27 Nov, 2013, roguewombat wrote in the 5th comment:
Sounds awesome. I'll have to come find it. :)
27 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 6th comment:
Lyanic said:
Ssolvarain said:

So what you're saying is…throw out the level 1 newbie in the group to provoke all the fights. :-p

Won't work. The aggie system, aka random battles, will work on any one who moves. Plus there's no xp gained if you're not within the group level range.
29 Nov, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
I'm adding a token drop on top of it.

The little system, as a whole, will let players buy an initial set of equipment, upgrade it to a certain point, and then they're able to make it into a completely different set of equipment. I'm still brainstorming on it, but I think it will give more incentive to join in, because it is a pretty lengthy grind.

Also: I can't edit the mprog I need to fix a little big. The file is so long I go LD :stare:
29 Nov, 2013, Lyanic wrote in the 8th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Also: I can't edit the mprog I need to fix a little big. The file is so long I go LD :stare:

Pagination is your friend. So is modularization.
01 Dec, 2013, Ssolvarain wrote in the 9th comment:
Lyanic said:
Ssolvarain said:

Pagination is your friend. So is modularization.

You might be right. This is a bit cumbersome to copy+paste ever time I want to make an adjustment. I could at least make a module out of each major "if carries $n" bit. It would increase the vnums used by three, but that's not a very big deal with 150 vnums available. I could also make individual modules out of the three 'if var $i onXX ==1" segments. This might be cleaner than the first approach.

if var $i onlh == 1
if carries $n 19153
if var $i lhwoo == 30
mob echoat $n $i says, '{GI don't need any more wood, right now. You should talk to me and see what I need.{x'
break
endif
if var $n woodcount == 10
mob echoat $n $i takes the materials from you, piling them nearby.
var $n woodcount = 0
var $i lhwoo + 1
mob oload 19163 1 room
if var $i lhwoo == 30
say We now have all the wood we need for the longhouse!
mob call 19206
break
endif
break
endif
mob echoat $n $i says, '{GYou're not carrying a full load! Go get more materials!{x'
endif
if carries $n 19150
if var $i lhfur == 15
mob echoat $n $i says, '{GI don't need any more pelts, right now. You should talk to me and see what I need.{x'
break
endif
if var $n peltcount == 10
var $n peltcount = 0
var $i lhfur + 1
mob oload 19158 1 room
if var $i lhfur == 15
say We now have all the pelts we need for the longhouse!
mob call 19206
break
endif
break
endif
mob echoat $n $i says, '{GYou're not carrying a full load! Go get more materials!{x'
endif
if carries $n 19155
if var $i lhfoo == 15
mob echoat $n $i says, '{GI don't need any more food, right now. You should talk to me and see what I need.{x'
break
endif
if var $n foodcount == 10
var $n foodcount = 0
var $i lhfoo + 1
mob oload 19164 1 room
if var $i lhfoo == 15
say We now have all the food we need for the longhouse!
mob call 19206
break
endif
break
endif
endif
endif

This is repeated three times with variation in each prog.
0.0/9