09 Oct, 2013, Idealiad wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm pondering what incentives might work well to get players fighting a common enemy. Some ideas:

* the ratio of enemy-controlled territory to player-controlled gives rewards to players when the ratio is increasing in their favor.

* players at the front lines of the battle against the enemy receive special recognition.

* conquering some objective versus the enemy releases special new content into the game (I think WoW did something like this with a massive quest?)

Other ideas?
09 Oct, 2013, Grieffels wrote in the 2nd comment:
Benefiting the player in most any way will push toward that, or at least it should. Giving the players, that are most active in doing
this, special recognition is a great idea and way to pull them in. Maybe changing the game in ways that allow everyone to notice, such
as mprogs speaking of victories or defeats, battles and things like that. Giving mention and making the players feel like they are a big
part of the game for doing so. Almost all of my ideas I am mentioning are branches from your ideas, if not exactly what you have already
covered though. Hopefully it sparks something by me mentioning some small ideas.
12 Oct, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
How about writing a compelling storyline so players WANT to team up, and while your'e at it, code the game mechanics to be group oriented, rather than everyone soloing in competition with everyone else?
0.0/3