11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey all, I'm retrofitting my game with MXP all over the place, mainly to allow for a point/click style of play (see the discussions with plazmi anywhere), tablet/phone play etc.

Question:
Does anyone know how to make an MXP link that does TWO things at once? Not a multi-input menu (I've done many of those, including ones with different text from what they actually do, ie 'title' text), but one that would do things like say (old Diku sry) "note to <recipient>, note subject <RE: old subject" etc.
I suppose I could make a pull-down that has both, and not have it clear the link once it's been clicked, but I'm looking for a do this & that type link.

Thanks for any feedback.
- Dave.
11 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 2nd comment:
Have you already tried this:

<SEND href="note to Skol\nnote suject Re: old subject">reply</SEND>
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 3rd comment:
So just adding a line break will make it send multiple commands? Holy crap, someone hit me with the "I'm challenged" stick :p.
I'll give it a go, thanks plamzi heh.
I'm making my OLC (already pretty intensive), have MXP menus etc. Fun times!

- Dave.
11 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 4th comment:
Skol said:
So just adding a line break will make it send multiple commands? Holy crap, someone hit me with the "I'm challenged" stick :p.
I'll give it a go, thanks plamzi heh.
I'm making my OLC (already pretty intensive), have MXP menus etc. Fun times!

- Dave.

It's not part of the spec. It's just something I would try in different clients that support MXP because it's likely to work. It should work on TMP but let me know if it doesn't.

I might some more MXP to my game so I'm curious if it will work in Mudlet and MUSHClient. Let me know.
11 Sep, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 5th comment:
You might want to experiment with line ending there.

CRLF is the TELNET standard, but if the MUD is treating it as if it were unix-native, plain LF (as shown) might work fine. If the MUD is somehow getting raw input (not TELNET encoded by the client), CR might actually work since that's what your "return" key sends by itself.
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 6th comment:
No dice, on the \n method of sending 2 commands, it simply sent the first one only. When I did \r\n it then broke the MXP output and showed the code. I tried Lopes (just for giggles) with {/ to the same effect.
Trying to nest 2 separate sends with the same link failed as well (IE <send do stuff here><send do more stuff>click link</send></send>).
11 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 7th comment:
Skol said:
No dice, on the \n method of sending 2 commands, it simply sent the first one only. When I did \r\n it then broke the MXP output and showed the code. I tried Lopes (just for giggles) with {/ to the same effect.
Trying to nest 2 separate sends with the same link failed as well (IE <send do stuff here><send do more stuff>click link</send></send>).

No dice in which clients?

For TMP, if it's not working already, I can get it to work in a few min. Separating the commands with ';' should already work for TMP.

If more people are interested in doing more things with links, we could try to extend the specs and eventually the actively developed clients may add support.

It could be the specs need extending in more ways than one. I've been looking around for games that use MXP frames/windows to see if the existing specs are flexible enough for a modern web UI. But it seems like this kind of thing is not common…
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 8th comment:
Sorry, with MushClient. I didn't try the web portal.
I'll try the semicolon too.
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 9th comment:
No luck there with MushClient, did: Note subject RE: <note->sender:<subject>;note to <old note sender> etc.
The ; stayed in the actual first one, rather than being interpreted as a break and doing 2 commands.

It does however work perfectly with TMP (The Mud Portal).

one thing, TMP shows up as Mushclient 4.61 on my game, does it have a unique identifier?
- Dave.
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 10th comment:
Ps. Testing port if the link is lost is:
Ansalon Coder port

Skreeki/dragons is a tester I use, or you can create a new char (I know plamzi has one already).
Or just telnet://ansalonmud.net:8662 if you're trying with zMud/MushClient etc.
11 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 11th comment:
Skol said:
one thing, TMP shows up as Mushclient 4.61 on my game, does it have a unique identifier?
- Dave.

It announces itself in two ways right now. The first TTYPE it sends is "mudportal.com". It also sends client and version via GMCP.

What does your game use to recognize clients?
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 12th comment:
It uses Kavir's protocol code. I'll have to take a look and see.

Looks like it's looking for MSDP info, but also TTYPE, NAWS, ATCP.
Not sure how accurate that is, I _never_ have dealt with the different out of band protocols.

Thanks!
- Dave.
11 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 13th comment:
Skol said:
It uses Kavir's protocol code. I'll have to take a look and see.

Looks like it's looking for MSDP info, but also TTYPE, NAWS, ATCP.
Not sure how accurate that is, I _never_ have dealt with the different out of band protocols.

Thanks!
- Dave.

If you're using KaVir's snippet, the client info is probably somewhere in the TTYPE struct already, but it may not be what you're keying off of. I'll add MSDP identification when I get a chance.
11 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 14th comment:
Sweet, I'll keep testing thanks.
12 Sep, 2013, KaVir wrote in the 15th comment:
It shows up as "mudportal.com" for me, so it's definitely sending the right information.

Skol, if you're seeing "Mushclient 4.61" then clearly your mud is able to identify client names. Are you perhaps saving the client name to the pfile, and then loading it after negotiation (so it writes over whatever the client sent)?

Try connecting with a few other clients and see if the client name is updating.
12 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 16th comment:
Yeah will do KaVir, I wasn't the one who put in your protocol (was out a couple of years with divorce/move/job etc). So I'm not sure everything was done how I'd do it.
Speaking of, I think a later version of your protocol has MXP renegotiation after copyover didn't it?

Thanks,
- Dave.
12 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 17th comment:
Still MXP but a different angle, plamzi, are you planning on adding MXP links to Mudmaster?
I have yet to play a iPhone client that has MXP and would love it (and I own Mudmaster among others heh)

- Dave.
13 Sep, 2013, plamzi wrote in the 18th comment:
Skol said:
Still MXP but a different angle, plamzi, are you planning on adding MXP links to Mudmaster?
I have yet to play a iPhone client that has MXP and would love it (and I own Mudmaster among others heh)

- Dave.

Right now, I'm too excited about TMP, and cringing at the idea of opening up code most of which I wrote while learning Obj-C :)

At some point soon, I'm going to try to create a TMP client view specifically for mobile phones. It's on my long to-do list. It's never going to be as responsive as a native app, but things are getting better in the mobile web view world and it may be good enough.
13 Sep, 2013, Skol wrote in the 19th comment:
I totally hear you on TMP, it's a phenomenal start and has great great possibilities :D.
The mobile version? Would be amazing, time vs 'todo' list, I hear you.
- Dave.
0.0/19