16 May, 2013, DemonAlucard wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Greetings Mudbytes! I have some spectactular news about Empiremud, it is back and stronger then ever with changes being made to it on a DAILY basis! To give you a really good idea of what I am talking about here is a website address where they host a wordpress AND a change log as well!

It is located at: http://empiremud.net/

To note some of the bigger changes in my opinion:

WoD(world of Darkness) skills and abilities have been trashed and replaced with a NEW skill tree

EXP is no longer required to progress in the game

Combat has had a complete overhaul with new values for life, move, and mana

Still has the same great ASCII character map with an added twist thanks to Paul's new skill tree

These are just some of the things that have changed with Paul having come back to continue development, so come join in on the fun with us as we grow in players and expand in development!

Point your favorite mudclient to
empiremud.net
16 May, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 2nd comment:
Checked this out today. I'm not overly familiar with Empiremud but it seemed to be fairly well populated with helpful players and I enjoyed the resource gathering and crafting.
17 May, 2013, DemonAlucard wrote in the 3rd comment:
Glad you enjoyed it :)
17 May, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 4th comment:
I'm mostly just a fan because I can wield my fireballs like a weapon.
20 May, 2013, DemonAlucard wrote in the 5th comment:
Well I'm glad you liked the mud, I'm hoping others will see this and want to try us out too. May I ask what your character's name is on the mud? :D
20 May, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 6th comment:
Its Chris Bailey.
20 May, 2013, Igabod wrote in the 7th comment:
Not the most creative name in the world of mudding… but it sure does an excellent job of identifying who you are lol
21 May, 2013, Chris Bailey wrote in the 8th comment:
Haha true story. Its easier than wasting what little creativity I have on random names I'll never remember.
21 May, 2013, Igabod wrote in the 9th comment:
I still use the same creative names I used on my first mud. Hard to forget them when you've been using them for 15 or so years.
22 May, 2013, DemonAlucard wrote in the 10th comment:
Igabod said:
I still use the same creative names I used on my first mud. Hard to forget them when you've been using them for 15 or so years.

Can't agree with you more, I have been using the same set of character names for a very long time, only time I can't use them is if someone else has already claimed it on a mud but that doesn't happen very often to me.
30 May, 2013, bryantos wrote in the 11th comment:
Definitely enjoying playing this game. first text game my wife has ever had to yell at me to get out of the mancave and spend family time.
07 Aug, 2013, Evan wrote in the 12th comment:
Since somebody already posted a thread here, I'll just post my canned advertisement to give us a little bump:

EmpireMUD has been around in the MUD community for over a decade now. My impression of it previously was that it was defunct, abandoned and wouldn't see any development.

This is no longer true. The original creator, Paul Clarke, has come back to resume development of EmpireMUD 2.0. Since April of 2013, Paul has been making major DAILY updates to the game, making it a playable and complete codebase for anyone interested in empire building gameplay. Some information about what's changed since the original:

- Originally White Wolf based, the setting has been modified to have a more original theme. The game still features magic, vampires and all sorts of supernatural elements, but the lore is original now.
- An all new skill-based progression system, removing the old roleplay based progression system. 150+ new abilities and another 50 abilities retained from the old system.
- An 800x600 tile ASCII map with distinct biomes that players can explore and build their Empires across.
- A completely revamped building system complete with additional buildings not present in EmpireMUD 1.0.
- Empire NPCs that perform essential chores for your cities and Empire, allowing you to focus on something other than gathering basic resources.
- Plans for a dungeon based adventure system, as well as incentives to engage in Empire vs. Empire conflict.

If you're a fan of Don't Starve, Minecraft and other survival games, EmpireMUD will appeal to you. Even if you aren't experienced with those games, there really is something for everyone on EmpireMUD 2.0. Check out our website at http://www.empiremud.net to see all the changes that have been made or connect at empiremud.net port 4000 and make a character!
08 Aug, 2013, draxen wrote in the 13th comment:
I've been looking at MUDs for years and this is hands down the most impressive CircleMUD I've ever encountered.
It's a weird mixture of Minecraft and Civilization. It's a bit rough around the edges right now (I imagine because it's still in Alpha?)
However, it is well worth your time to log on and check it out. Major kudos to the developer - it must have taken bucket loads of work to reach this point.
10 Aug, 2013, jurdendurden wrote in the 14th comment:
So I've been playing this game for the past couple of days after stumbling across this post on MudBytes in my free time at work and I must say that it is quite fun. Draxen is absolutely right in saying that it's a weird (but good!) mixture of minecraft and civilization. Fairly in depth and seemingly stable, I'd have to recommend this mud to anyone into a more immersive online strategy empire building role playing sandbox experience.
0.0/14