30 Jan, 2013, Runter wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
I had some issues building it in OSX.

"cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-stdlib=libc++"
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-std=c++11""

I didn't spend too much time on it, but I suspect it may be a problem for me either because I installed dependancies with brew or because I'm not using clang.
30 Jan, 2013, Telgar wrote in the 42nd comment:
Arendjr, I'm curious how you solved the problem of mixing persistent data with reloadable code. There are some fundamental problems with it that took a bit of work to solve… I posted my solution over on the Javascript forum if you're interested. Would love to hear how you handle this.

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=topi...
30 Jan, 2013, quixadhal wrote in the 43rd comment:
gcc has a different flag to say "don't load the standard library you normally load", which you can use and then hand-load libc or c++ or whatever. I don't recall having an issue under debian on a 64-bit intel, but perhaps osx has a different version of gcc/g++ (or those flags got added since I tested it a few weeks ago).
30 Jan, 2013, arendjr wrote in the 44th comment:
@Runter: Yeah, on OS X you really need to use Clang. The GCC that comes with OS X is pretty outdated and I'm using some C++11 features.

@Telgar: The engine actually consists of a core written in C++ plus a JavaScript engine in which most of the gameplay logic is defined. The core maintains the game state and its data and cannot be reloaded, but the JavaScript code can be reloaded at will.

@DemiGod: Gonna write you a PM :)
40.0/44