06 May, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
David Haley said:
While I believe that it was fun to play, your description must not be doing it justice. :wink:

Toilet humour, it's a Brit thing, you wouldn't understand anyway ;)
06 May, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 42nd comment:
Srsly tho, I have an idea for a game where one race starts in a single room (of their own - each room is unique to them) and the first puzzle will be how to get out.

Needless to say I need to finish my engine first mind..
06 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 43rd comment:
flumpy said:

Ah, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. :tongue:
06 May, 2010, flumpy wrote in the 44th comment:
David Haley said:
flumpy said:

Ah, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. :tongue:

ok you lost me.
17 Sep, 2012, dnicolai wrote in the 45th comment:
My opinion on this is that I would rather have a smallish world with well thought-out descriptions and quests than a thrown together game that has no real soul to it. MU*s are supposed to be sort of an outreach of the old Tabletop RPGs with the DM telling you what's going on. I always think of that when I'm designing my next areas, get the story behind the zone first and then put it together piece by piece. (or I just convert old D&D modules… which is MUCH faster :grinning: )

That said though, it's not how many rooms are in a game, it's how many paths a player can take on their journey from 1-50, and then what they can do after they hit 50. The best games out there will have paths that really guide your character's RP and aren't just killing squirrels in the forest for hours on end. Build your game like you would a string D&D modules and your players will really enjoy it.
40.0/45