16 Jul, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Just got Borderlands on Steam, though I've had it for quite some time already.

I know it's an older game, but I was wondering if anyone else got or has it, too. Would like to shoot some skags with y'all :)
16 Jul, 2012, Kline wrote in the 2nd comment:
It's been on my "list to finish" for 6 or 8 months now. I bought it last year during some sale, snagged it with the sequel for $10 or some crazy cheap price. I think I'm one or two quests from the end, but then some new shiny game came out and I don't remember why I never picked it back up yet lol.
17 Jul, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 3rd comment:
I finished it, and just started the second playthrough. Only real difference is you're fighting level 35+ enemies instead of starting at level 1.

Luckily, I'd played all the expansions so I ended up at level 43, with some really nice stuff already lined up for the second playthrough. Had completely forgotten :P

Multiplayer is cool so far, but it suffers from the usual problem: Some people are absolute morons :rolleyes:
17 Jul, 2012, Tyche wrote in the 4th comment:
I'm still trying to figure out 'Fallout' which was released free on GoG.com a few months back.
I never played it when it was released, so it's like brand new to me.
17 Jul, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 5th comment:
The original? First and second were one of my favorite games. The second was a vast improvement over the first, though.
17 Jul, 2012, Runter wrote in the 6th comment:
I think I didn't play any of the fallouts until third. There's a few classics from that era i still like to play from time to time. Are they still worth going and playing?
17 Jul, 2012, Tyche wrote in the 7th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
The original? First and second were one of my favorite games. The second was a vast improvement over the first, though.

Yes, the original. At the same time they released Fallout 2 for, I think, five dollars. I didn't bite though. Both games were repackaged to work on WinXP/Vista/7.
The only reason I tried it was that our paper and pencil RPG group started playing the Fallout RPG on occasion, and I was the only one not familiar with the theme.
17 Jul, 2012, Kline wrote in the 8th comment:
Getting a bit OT: Anybody get in on the Kickstarter projects for either Wasteland 2 or Shadowrun Returns? I'm too young to have played the original Wasteland, but the info I could find got me hooked enough to buy into the project for a sequel. The post-apoc atmostphere/theme seems similar to Borderlands which is why I mention it. I did get the chance to play a few of the original Shadowrun games as a kid though, and am definitely excited to see that one when it finishes.
17 Jul, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 9th comment:
Oh yeah. They made a shadowrun game kinda recently, but it was basically a deathmatch FPS. No single player at all. I was disappoint.
17 Jul, 2012, Kline wrote in the 10th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Oh yeah. They made a shadowrun game kinda recently, but it was basically a deathmatch FPS. No single player at all. I was disappoint.

The devs doing the new one actually apologized for the last abysmal game that came out under the franchise. The franchise ownership has changed hands so many times. This new one is the original franchise creators now re-licensing their own work (from Microsoft, I think, who owns it now) to create this game.
24 Jul, 2012, Ssolvarain wrote in the 11th comment:
Going further off-topic, I heard that Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel was a real stinker.

I accidentally deleted my favorite Borderlands character when copying over my old saves, too -.-
0.0/11