12 May, 2012, Valo wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I ran @stats/all on TinyMUX 2.9.1.8 and noticed that I had 68 garbage objects. Doing @search and @stats on #1, I found that #1 does own all of them. I'm not sure if there's a way I can destroy these object or how to go about doing so. Is there a way to find and remove all these garbage objects permanently? Thanks in advance.
12 May, 2012, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
There isn't a way to remove them, but there really isn't a reason why you would want to either. Why did you ask?
14 May, 2012, Tyche wrote in the 3rd comment:
That is an interesting technique that TinyMUX uses. I never implemented dbref recovery because I figured I'd never ever run out of them.
I use a 32-bit integer, so if one created 10 objects per second, one could operate the game for over 13 years before it ran out of dbrefs,
and would presumably overflow and die some horrible death.
I suppose an argument for recovering these garbage dbrefs is that a user might have to actually type overly long dbref numbers in to do certain building or programming tasks.
14 May, 2012, Valo wrote in the 4th comment:
Idealiad said:
There isn't a way to remove them, but there really isn't a reason why you would want to either. Why did you ask?

Reason I ask is because the chick I'm coding for won't listen to me and is freaking out about them. Wants me to get rid of them so I just thought I'd ask if there was a way to do it. Well, thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it. She'll just have to suffer with 'em or just don't type the @stats command again.
14 May, 2012, Runter wrote in the 5th comment:
Modify the command to filter them out. ;) Core problem solved.
15 May, 2012, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
Must be genetic. A woman sees something labeled garbage and she wants it put out on the curb immediately. ;-P
0.0/6