10 Oct, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I downloaded AFKmud 2.02 about a week or so ago. After requesting some additions to be installed on our server, I was able to get the code compiled and it booted up all nice and rather quickly.

Being unfamiliar with AFKmud it took me a few moments to create my initial immortal, which I soon found that the name had been added to the reserved list, which quickly became empty. Anyway… I got the immortal set up and started looking through the wizhelp list of commands. I found that some of these commands listed were not working, or at least weren't doing anything other than responding with "Huh?" when entered.

I had originally chosen AFKmud due to the overland code. Having looked at the png file for the map, I figured I'd go check it out. I remembered reading from somewhere about using goto map to get from wherever I was to the overland map. Since the only interesting part of the provided map image was around the center I "goto map one 500 500" which got me to where I wanted to be. I found a small area with three white # entrance marks. Walking over them provided me with a message saying it was an entrance to somewhere else. That was good 'cause that's what I was wanting.

I spent the next 10 to 15 minutes trying to enter said area. I, however, only managed to walk around on the map, back and forth. This made me a little frustrated. The help file for 'overland' didn't help any either. Samson's bad luck with his server going down didn't help either, since I was getting information from the afkmud.com site just prior to getting the code to compile.

So, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, point me in the right direction, or direct me to some other source of info?
10 Oct, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Heh. I'd be the first to admit that "different" is indeed an understatement. So let's see what we can work out here.

First off, which commands were coming up bad? If you're a level 115 then you should have access to all of them, since 115 is the top level in the game.

The map you're describing on the overland has some exits which used to lead to the other two maps. But those are no longer included so the exits themselves don't go anywhere right now. Yes, I can imagine that was a bit frustrating. I'll have to see what I can do about fixing it so that the exits on the included map go to somewhere that's at least functional in the stock distro.

The drive failure lost some fixes I had ready to roll that would have cleaned up some of the problems you reported, along with a few others. I'll see if Google managed to cache the bugfixes at least since I honestly can't recall what they were now.
10 Oct, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 3rd comment:
Well, that certainly explains a bit. Yeah, my immortal is set to level 115, though I had to edit the pfile itself as I couldn't find the right command to do it at the time. I'll go through the wizhelp and see which commands are giving me the "Huh?" response.

For future reference, is there anything special to do to enter those areas from the map?
0.0/3