03 Jan, 2012, Kosh wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
comMU*nity Forums

comMU*nity Forum is a new forum, born from an existing MUSH forum (Otherspace) that is looking to attract new contributors from all types of games - MUSHes, MUDs, etc…

A new feature on the site is a progressive forum list, which will open new forums for contributors that bring more to the table. As your total post count goes up, new forums open up!

Some of the forum categories include: MU* Management Issues, MU* Legal Concerns, Building & Coding, Review Sections, etc…

While the primary focus of the forum is to openly discuss various MU* topics, there is a large social component which can be found in the Members Only section. Also, feel free to check out the Otherspace MUSH section of the forum, and maybe jump on the game to see what it's all about.

We currently have a small, but dedicate group of contributors and moderators and want to open the discussion to everyone in the MU* community.

Check it out, stay awhile.

Thanks

Kosh

(Narai on comMU*nity)
03 Jan, 2012, kiasyn wrote in the 2nd comment:
You should make your forums visible to guests.
03 Jan, 2012, Kosh wrote in the 3rd comment:
kiasyn said:
You should make your forums visible to guests.

Thanks for the feedback, Kiasyn.

I will pass it along to the forum owner to see if something can be changed - or if at least some of the categories can be made visible to guests. As previously stated, some of the forums are visible to contributors who reach certain level of posts - so I suspect those will remain hidden, but there are some public ones once you register and start posting.

Again, thank you for the feedback.
04 Jan, 2012, KaVir wrote in the 4th comment:
Kosh said:
A new feature on the site is a progressive forum list, which will open new forums for contributors that bring more to the table. As your total post count goes up, new forums open up!

Wouldn't this encourage post quantity at the expense of post quality?

In my experience, people often join forums because they want to reply to a specific thread they find interesting. If they're not able to read such posts, those people won't sign up - therefore they'll never add to the discussion.

On a related note, people usually start threads in the hope that others will read them - in which case, they'll post them in locations with the most visibility. If I wanted feedback on an idea, or to promote something, why would I post on a forum that only a small percentage of the users can read, when I could instead post somewhere that everyone can read?
04 Jan, 2012, Kosh wrote in the 5th comment:
Fair enough, KaVir.

I took all of your feedback back to Brody (the owner of Otherspace/JTS and comMU*nity). He is in the process now of making adjustments based on your feedback.

While certain forums will be available for those who contribute to a certain level, alot of the public ones shall be visible to those visiting.. Others will open upon registration, and more will be available based on contribution. If you do join, I would suggest tossing an Intro out there, that will open up a few boards for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback!
04 Jan, 2012, Kosh wrote in the 6th comment:
And just so I address it as well, quantity versus quality…. Brody agrees. His intention was not to foster an environment of poor quality posts. It's more of a reward system for those who wish to contribute more overall.

Feel free to check it out. Brody has also put up a link in the rotating news on the forum linking back to MUDBytes!

Thanks everyone.
04 Jan, 2012, KaVir wrote in the 7th comment:
Kosh said:
Fair enough, KaVir.

I took all of your feedback back to Brody (the owner of Otherspace/JTS and comMU*nity). He is in the process now of making adjustments based on your feedback.

Yeah, I saw that :(

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.
04 Jan, 2012, Kosh wrote in the 8th comment:
KaVir,

Brody just messaged me.. He would like you to e-mail him direct at brody@jointhesaga.com about the ban.

He thinks it was the spam filter matching your IP to a similar IP that was spamming and did something weird - he will resolve it.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope this can be resolved.
0.0/8