01 Oct, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I've been searching for a new codebase to bring an array of new pre-built features to our mud. I'm favoring the AFKmud source but I've been told that I should check out SmaugFUSS as it's like "AFKmud lite" feature-wise. I couldn't find a good list of features offered by SmaugFUSS to compare with the feature list of AFKmud, so I'm wondering what features are offered uniquely to either source.
01 Oct, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
SmaugFUSS features are basically the same features as Smaug. AFKMUD is built off Smaug, so yes you could say SmaugFUSS is AFKMUD lite.
01 Oct, 2007, Kayle wrote in the 3rd comment:
I'm not sure who told you SmaugFUSS is AFKMud Lite.. but they're pretty much wrong.

SmaugFUSS is a Fixed Up Stock Source for Smaug 1.4a, where we've included a few of the things that Smaug 1.8 released. We've fixed an extensive amount of bugs, and while we have added a few improvements, most of what we've done is mainly just fix bugs.
01 Oct, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 4th comment:
Well, I saw that some of the Smaug 1.8 features were being added to SmaugFUSS, but there really wasn't any kind of "these are the features SmaugFUSS offers" list anywhere. I'm mostly just curious if such a list does exist somewhere or not.
01 Oct, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 5th comment:
Well like I said, it's simply the features of Smaug. Smaug is based off Merc and Diku, so I suppose everything is well known. I don't know if anyone has actually compiled a list of Smaug features, not even the Smaug devs.
02 Oct, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
There used to be a nice list of Smaug features on the main Smaug site but I don't know if it's still there. It was that list which initially drove us at Alsherok to choose Smaug to begin with.

SmaugFUSS is basically what everyone else has said, stock Smaug with bugfixes and some improvements. AFKMud is more accurately described as an uber-smaug. It has all the Smaug features plus a hell of a lot more on top of it. In my highly biased opinion, AFKMud is what you want :)
02 Oct, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
You mean smaug.org? I don't see a list of features using archive.org.
02 Oct, 2007, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
It might not have been on smaug.org, could have been on the realmsofdespair.com site. But I know I ran across it and basically said something like "yeah, this is it" when I found it. Otherwise we might well have gone with Rom at the time. :)
03 Oct, 2007, Fizban wrote in the 9th comment:
The #1 best feature of SMAUG is that it has the common sense to have been made by developers that knew Medieval > DBZ (Simulated Medieval Adventure Multi-User Game). :)
08 Oct, 2007, Conner wrote in the 10th comment:
I'd have to mildly disagree with Fizban on that one, while that is a great feature of Smaug, to be sure, the #1 best feature of Smaug is the great support community to be found at The FUSS Project and on IMC and on here and …. well, you get the idea. :wink:
0.0/10