23 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 61st comment:
Votes: 0
Arithorn said:
Hey, don't know if youre still working on it but I'm away from home and attempting to get in with my iPad and it wont go past the actors stage (won't bring up login screen). Thought you'd like to know if it was something to do with the changes you've made.

Ignore me if you're still working on it…

Can't wait to get home and take a look at it and integrate with mine.

Thanks!!

So I believe the reason this would happen is ipad doesn't have access to flash, and perhaps the version of safari it is using does not have web socket support. Could you check what the version of safari is you are using? Only safari 5.0 + supports web sockets natively without flash. I've read that some ipads are locked to older versions of safari.
23 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 62nd comment:
Oh, and safari works for me 5.0+ without needing flash.
23 Jul, 2011, Arithorn wrote in the 63rd comment:
I have 5.0.2 I believe (latest iOS)

Also, on the previous version I could login/get connected so I'm not sure that the version is an issue unless something has changed (haven't had a look at the code yet)
23 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 64th comment:
Arithorn said:
I have 5.0.2 I believe (latest iOS)

Also, on the previous version I could login/get connected so I'm not sure that the version is an issue unless something has changed (haven't had a look at the code yet)

Hrm, I'm not sure what has changed that would make ipad stop working specifically. I really wish I had one to test with. :p

I should mention that if anything goes wrong that's the default page splash. If the page isn't changing it means the web socket isn't connecting. Maybe there's a js error of some kind?

I'm testing with Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1). I can only assume a browser will behave the same even in different operating systems. :p
23 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 65th comment:
I managed to get an ipad test ran.

It's not tilted correctly, but as you can see it works.
24 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 66th comment:
Updates include pathfinding with A* algorithm, canvas for graphical fx overlaying tiles, and click-to-move on the grid (with pathfinding).
24 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 67th comment:
Oh, and since I have access to an ipad for testing now:

The compatibility issues have been take care off. (Although the pixel count on the ipad is rather high!) I may need to redesign the grid to use ems instead of pixels to address this. So far the Xoom, Iphone, Galaxy S, Nexus S are unsupported. In the future when they catch up to fast moving web standards they may be viable.
25 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 68th comment:
Updates include camera panning, first draft for OLC, and small stylistic changes (mouse changes to pointer over tiles that can be clicked.)
26 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 69th comment:
Updates include a number animation engine (Rolling numbers to a certain value using an easing function.) and colliding speech bubbles in the game view port.
27 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 70th comment:
http://jsfiddle.net/Jh5jz/

decoupled number animation module showcasing a few easing methods.
Runs extra long just for exhibit. The random effect would be used for visualizing random effects (like rolling a di, or slot machines, or other effects. Can be replaced with an image for example.) And the others would be used for things like hitpoints change, etc.
27 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 71st comment:
Had reports of issues in windows with displaying some fonts. Sure enough, google web fonts have some funky bugs with certain font faces and options in windows. The issue has been addressed and the fonts should display on all browsers.
29 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 72nd comment:
Update includes multiple login bug fix and layered canvas per tile for additional effects that move with the character. (Like poisoned, silenced, etc graphics or animations).

Won't be many updates until next week.
30 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 73rd comment:
Not yet pushed but this is the concept I'm toying with for item manipulation in bags.

http://jsfiddle.net/Ej96Y/35/embedded/re...
31 Jul, 2011, Dean wrote in the 74th comment:
Runter said:
Not yet pushed but this is the concept I'm toying with for item manipulation in bags.

http://jsfiddle.net/Ej96Y/35/embedded/re...

Looks good Runter. Don't know if it's intended or not, but I noticed that if you drag an item over another, it moves that item too.
31 Jul, 2011, Runter wrote in the 75th comment:
Nod, it's a sorting algorithm. Now that I think about it, though, it shouldn't be. It should just swap the two positions, i think.
08 Aug, 2011, Runter wrote in the 76th comment:
Really considering using webgl.

http://muizelaar.blogspot.com/2011/02/dr...

This demo (depending on your video card) will show you the difference between the two. For me I was able to render 10 fish using canvas without losing frames per second. In the webgl version….2000. It's a consider able difference just form hardware acceleration. Then factor in opportunities for complex rendering webgl give you.

The downside is it's a very young technology, it's not supported by internet explorer, and due to concerns for security and the problems with the update after finding bugs model and video card drivers being vastly different…they say they won't be implementing it. On the other side, it's implemented in chrome and firefox, and I use chrome frame as a requirement for internet explorer. Therefore, it would work in all major browsers.

Browser test for webgl:
http://webglreport.sourceforge.net/
08 Aug, 2011, Fizban wrote in the 77th comment:
Hmm, I tried with three different browsers, all seem to get stuck at the actors page.

Specifically:

IE 9.0.8112.16421
Opera 12.00 Build 1042
Google Chrome 15.0.846.0

EDIT: Firefox 7.0a2 though on the other hand seems to work properly and get to the login page.
08 Aug, 2011, Runter wrote in the 78th comment:
I'm not able to reproduce the problem with IE, chrome, or opera. Maybe there's a software firewall stopping the websocket connection? It'll get stuck on that page if for any reason the connection ends up failing. It fails-over to flash if it's installed, as well. Any type of firewalling probably will result in that, though.
08 Aug, 2011, Runter wrote in the 79th comment:
Just for fun I added haikumud.com/webgl for webgl testing. At minimum I may use webgl just for special effects and particle engine. It's much better than any straight canvas/js based particle engine I've seen.
08 Aug, 2011, Fizban wrote in the 80th comment:
Hmm, temporarily disabled Avast's firewall, and it now works on Opera and IE, but still not on Chrome. Admittedly though I'm using a fairly non-standard version of Chrome (ie. I am using Chrome Canary, which is their update channel which gets updates most frequently).

Shocked that firewall seemed to be the issue though as if that were the case I'd have expected it to work in no browsers rather than in Firefox only.
60.0/93