10 Jul, 2011, Liko wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hello,

I'm looking for start filling staff positions for my upcoming mud. Randian(tbaMUD 3.62) is an heavily based role-playing game. Join other characters from other series , quest along side them, find rare and powerful equipment, and figure out the mystery of why the world is slowly freezing..

Job Openings:

Head Builder
————–
Head Builder would be in charge of building areas, helping other builders, and also teaching. Head Builders would settle disputes between Builders. Head Builders must be able to to log in daily and able to inspect builder's work as well as complete their own. Also have the ability to hire new builders if they pass the application and building test.

Enforcer x2
————-
Enforcers are to enforce player rules, monitor chat language and follow up on claims of cheating. They also must be able to spend a lot of time actively playing the game to enforce. Must report all violations of staff rules to me.

Builder x3
————-
Builders must be able to complete their assigned areas in a proper time. All to keep balanced items, mobs, and other things. Must understand circlemud OLC. Also must be open to suggestions about changes, add-ons, and many other things. Able to come up with some custom ideas to constantly improve the game. Also builders must be able to constantly work. Not just log in once a week(unless personal stuff comes up. I understand all that)

Help Files
———–
Help File writer just simply writes help files for rules, skills, abilities, and other things that need to be written. Also can assist with other staff.

Role-Play
————
Role Play admin must be able to come up with stories, quest, and other things for role playing players. Also must be an active user to complete role plays. Can also suggest quests for in game purposes.

These are the current positions are looking to hire for Randian.

You can reach me by
E-Mail: randianmud@gmail.com
YIM: eddiepierce33
MSN: eddiepierce33@hotmail.com

Thanks I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Liko - Owner/ Programmer of Randian.
11 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 2nd comment:
Enforcers are to enforce player rules, monitor chat language and follow up on claims of cheating. They also must be able to spend a lot of time actively playing the game to enforce. Must report all violations of staff rules to me.

How can you 'cheat' on your mud ? Just asking, as I am the kind that enforce anythig that should not be legal in code, but I could forgot some loops;p
11 Jul, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 3rd comment:
If a MUD disallows multiplaying, then a form of cheating could be giving items from one of your characters to another. This happens to be a relatively difficult rule to enforce programmatically, because there can be perfectly legitimate reasons for an item to pass from one of your characters to another (e.g., a merchant transaction at fair price).
11 Jul, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 4th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
How can you 'cheat' on your mud ?

Ask your mom, she'll tell you.
11 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 5th comment:
David Haley said:
If a MUD disallows multiplaying, then a form of cheating could be giving items from one of your characters to another. This happens to be a relatively difficult rule to enforce programmatically, because there can be perfectly legitimate reasons for an item to pass from one of your characters to another (e.g., a merchant transaction at fair price).

Multiplaying is unenforceable by code, so I was not even thinking it could be a rule heh.
11 Jul, 2011, KaVir wrote in the 6th comment:
There are three main areas that I've had difficulty dealing with purely through code - I've reduced the impact of them, but they're still a problem:

1. Multiplaying.

2. Botting.

3. Verbal harrassment, particularly of newbies*.

* Because although you can give players commands for gagging annoying people, newbies tend to just quit.
11 Jul, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Multiplaying is unenforceable by code, so I was not even thinking it could be a rule heh.

Well, sure, but you asked. Some MUDs have rules that are not easily enforceable, if at all, through code. KaVir gave a few more good examples.
11 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 8th comment:
David Haley said:

Well, sure, but you asked. Some MUDs have rules that are not easily enforceable, if at all, through code. KaVir gave a few more good examples.

Nod, just trying to see if i could have forgotten something. KaVir examples are also stuff unenforceable by code.
But those are more social behaviour that 'cheating' in my book. (botting can be annoying but players have a quite nice toolbox on my mud to get rid of botter if they annoy them (bamf, pushing, summoning, even banishing)) Same for verbal harassment. I was looking for 'actual' cheat, like duping objects stuff like that.
12 Jul, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 9th comment:
It sounds like you mean "exploit" rather than "breaking a rule". In other words, you're talking about somebody exploiting some kind of bug in the code, rather than somebody doing something they're not supposed to do.

And yes, there are people who say that the only rules are what the code lets you do, and others who try to codify what behavior is acceptable and what isn't. Both approaches have their merits…
12 Jul, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 10th comment:
David Haley said:
It sounds like you mean "exploit" rather than "breaking a rule". In other words, you're talking about somebody exploiting some kind of bug in the code, rather than somebody doing something they're not supposed to do.

And yes, there are people who say that the only rules are what the code lets you do, and others who try to codify what behavior is acceptable and what isn't. Both approaches have their merits…

Nod I am more of the second case. Computers are basically logic rules, so if the code allows something, it should be allowed…Social behaviour is something else.
So yeah I was talking about code exploit, as there are so many cases that sometimes you can forget some.
0.0/10