09 Jun, 2011, IRE_Exposed wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Admins are exposed for their underhanded tactics in ousting the old producers of the game and taking over only to drive the game into the ground with their unprofessional, power hungry behavior. Some divine are exposed as well for the use of their Admin powers to give certain players and cities unfair advantages such as custom coded items and guards, spying on players private interactions, and interference in IC events through use of OOC methods.

What follows is an unedited copy / paste of a post that appeared on the Achaea forums by a former member of the administration:

— begin log —

This seems like a pretty good place to post this without garnering too much mod attention right away. Feel free to copy it and post it around.

Hi, this is the second (or technically third) Apollyon. It's no secret that my character was Cypra, if that helps identify me, pretty much everyone, even people that didn't know who Cypra was, knew I was Cypra.

It's been about a year or maybe a little less since I flaked and just quit logging in to Achaea. In this post I'm going to explain why. I could have used my three years working as an admin as work experience, but I don't think I will be able to, due to the way my employer at the time behaves, so I figure I will do now what I should have done when I left, go out with a bang.

Read this knowing I know nothing of what has happened since I left. I have not kept up with Achaea at all. For all I know there could be a new producer and co-producer.

On the surface, you have all been, as far as I can tell, very happy with Tecton's work. He programs needed things and, well he programs needed things. That's pretty much all he does really. Nobody really hears much from the co-producer, Valnurana, but she doesn't do much at all, so that isn't a surprise.

Where to begin?

From what we could all tell, while Maya and Ourania were busy doing their job, Tecton was busy complaining to Jeremy about both of them and talking up himself and Valnurana. Maya was a great producer. I got into a few disagreements with her, but she always told you what she felt directly, and she was always willing to listen. She was genuinely interested in having us all be in a happy work environment. Her only flaw was she had a soft spot for griefers. Ourania was just a workaholic. She worked incredibly hard, and was beginning to get burnt out. Valnurana was supposed to be carrying the weight with her, but Valnurana wouldn't know what work was if it cockslapped her in the face.

However, all this - talking eventually got through to Jeremy, (this is all conjecture, no one knows what really happened at this point, maybe Tecton just said he and Val would work for less pay, or said he would and encouraged Val between Val and Ourania.) The point is, this leadership, rife with nepotism, was created. Ourania left and eventually quit, we lost our major workhorse.

Now Tecton was already known for bullying other members of the staff. He had griefed Agatheis out of the game along with Lupus' help. He's a bully, so having a bully as a producer is not ideal. I happened to be on his - list. I suspect it is because he always wanted to be Sartan and I blocked that. Tecton is also known for not giving two -s about other peoples' problems, not wanting to handle any issues not related to coding, and so forth. This continued with him as a producer. We were told we were whining if we tried to approach him about problems, and (since it has been several years now,) there were some other fairly disturbing things he said as a boss that weren't appropriate at all and made us remind him that that was in no way conducive to a comfortable working environment. Tecton is also spineless. He had pressure from Jeremy because of Ovid, so rather than handle the griefers in that gang, he let them get away with griefing and cheating. Remember when Ashtan's icons were dropped? During one of them, there was a bug with the Crystalline Circle icon where the set tuning gave a massive advantage to damage with a certain type of attack. One of Ovid's crew, I'm afraid I can't remember who now, used this exclusively during the raid. We reminded Tecton repeatedly to punish him, but he never bothered. He also constantly gave them second chances, even saying, after Ovid threatened Pentharian's life in a tell he knew Pentharian could hear that if he did it one more time he would be shrubbed. It took him a long time to shrub any of them, for those of you thinking he was waiting to push the button,

I could continue on for awhile about the spineless things Tecton did, god there are so many of them. He would lie to our faces, tell people they were going to get promotions they never got, and so on, but I want to move on.

Valnurana insisted on being event and building lead once she became co-producer. She and Tecton also refused any further promotions to a higher building level and demoted people that already had it. Now if Valnurana was a work fiend, this might have worked. However, she is monumentally lazy. Furthermore, let me familiarise you with some of her events:

the Dream Event that went nowhere (and this wasn't even all planned by her, I don't think she could have come up with half of it)

Shastaan women making babies after the Lion freed their men

Moles (Actually I think that was a joint Tecton-Val effort)

On the subject of the Lion, she just deposited a few Shala-Khulians in Cyrene after all those events and left the island deserted until I noticed it, and then I had to fix it. It was especially frustrating with the events I had done previously in Shala-Khulia.

Here are some events that were proposed that Val or Tecton refused.

A forestal/Evil event that put forestals on the aggressive (I tried everything to get this to work, but Tecton refused to let anything happen with the red fog, and that is the only way the forestals can be on the aggressive. I also came from several other angles but he turned those down as well.)

An Earth Day event that wasn't moles.

A multi-god event involving Hashan that Val cockblocked so hard she just summarised what they should do instead into one sentence.

Several events I tried to do involving attempted deforestation of the Aalen and a resulting conflict.

Killing the treants to further separate chaos and nature ("you can't do that, they are already established and it would look like you were just -trying- to kill them")

Destroying bopalopia (if she hasn't already, Val just plans to throw all the stupid house toys of the Jesters into Bopalopia to make it even more stupid.)

Valnurana is one of the most banal, negative, hateful bitches I have ever come across. She goes out of her way to deny any idea that has promise, and to only promote ideas that she has come up with the majority of.

Regarding her work as building lead, she did absolutely nothing. Tons of areas were flat out ignored, and the ones that weren't were overseen by other gods. She simply didn't bother doing any work. We did it for her and got no credit.

Other people of note:

Thoth

-Cheated on armour and weapons for a guild of his

-cheated on his guards for hashan

-spied on a govt clan for the Spirit Walkers even after I nicely asked him to leave

-regularly spied on my spies

-Spied on me constantly

-Used a denizen to promote his agenda even though there was nothing IC about what the denizen did.

-And of course, he did similar spying on Babel

Lupus

-Outright admits to not wanting to roleplay

-Hates forestals but still holds sway over them

-griefed Agatheis out of the game over a petty reason, then had his house erase everything about him, even though the house was founded on Agatheis and his principles. (he was actually freaking out OOC at Agatheis for a supposed spy Agatheis had in his preorder, seriously, spies are common and can be a lot of fun.)

-Pretty much -s over anyone he wants because he is ancient and who else will do crafting (badly)

-I once overheard a conversation by an order member to another in tells saying How do I talk to Father if I want to speak IC?

So that's my story/bitchfest.

You don't have to believe me, I won't see the responses really, so it's irrelevant. This is more therapy for me for getting -ed over so badly and having to put up with such an awful work environment.

Hope you all enjoy your game,

Amy

Maybe those of you who wish I wasn't dormant are thinking twice now. Sadly, Tecton has a stranglehold on who plays either of the evil gods. You are very unlikely to get one in the foreseeable future.

— end log —
09 Jun, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 2nd comment:
You could have used quote tags.
09 Jun, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Mud admins cheating and showing favoritism on a MUD! Film at 11!
09 Jun, 2011, Cratylus wrote in the 4th comment:
is this as tldr as it looks
09 Jun, 2011, KaVir wrote in the 5th comment:
Cratylus said:
is this as tldr as it looks

Summary: Amy was an imm. People ignored her suggestions. She flounced.
09 Jun, 2011, Scandum wrote in the 6th comment:
In addition: There are work horses and show horses.
09 Jun, 2011, Zeno wrote in the 7th comment:
Somehow I feel this is more appropriate to be posted on TMS? ;)
09 Jun, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 8th comment:
Zeno said:

Sound like PMS
09 Jun, 2011, Runter wrote in the 9th comment:
Zeno said:

I was thinking this must be a repost from TMS, actually. :p
09 Jun, 2011, Runter wrote in the 10th comment:
quixadhal said:
Mud admins cheating and showing favoritism on a MUD! Film at 11!

SCOOPS
09 Jun, 2011, plamzi wrote in the 11th comment:
Runter said:
Zeno said:

I was thinking this must be a repost from TMS, actually. :p

[irony]You mean, as a MUD dev/admin reading this, you are not filled with outrage which moves you to crusade against IRE, turn away all their prospective players, dent their revenues, and make one Cypra / Amy out there feel happily avenged?[/irony]

Srsly, wrong forum site.
10 Jun, 2011, Scandum wrote in the 12th comment:
plamzi said:
[irony]You mean, as a MUD dev/admin reading this, you are not filled with outrage which moves you to crusade against IRE, turn away all their prospective players, dent their revenues, and make one Cypra / Amy out there feel happily avenged?[/irony]

Quite the contrary, it made me want to step up and play with the professionals.
10 Jun, 2011, Runter wrote in the 13th comment:
At the very least this entire thread seems like…a flame. Isn't there a forum for this type of stuff? Anywho, who cares if someone is lazy or doesn't listen to ideas or lies to you about promotions? How is any of that the shocking exposure the title set us up for? At least lower the expectations.
10 Jun, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 14th comment:
Scandum said:
Quite the contrary, it made me want to step up and play with the professionals.

*chuckles*
14 Jun, 2011, Raduryn wrote in the 15th comment:
Every game is going to have its flaws and its strengths. Just because this one admin seems to be very unhappy, doesn't mean that Iron Realms is just going down the toilet. And while there may be some on staff that aren't doing as much as others, overall the games that Iron Realms puts out are very solid and get a lot of support.

The bottom line is that people are going to be unhappy with everything, because there's nothing out there that can make everyone happy over the longer period of time.
14 Jun, 2011, Orrin wrote in the 16th comment:
I agree this is pretty tame stuff, even for IRE. Didn't someone once steal their codebase and try to open a copy of Achaea? What about the guy who got kicked off the admin staff for his naughty webcam antics with (allegedly) underage players? More controversial mud drama please.
0.0/16