21 Apr, 2011, quixadhal wrote in the 41st comment:
Votes: 0
Heh, point of fact… I had never heard of Warsow before your link. I doubt many other people have either. So, using it as a model to uphold a particular practice doesn't do much other than prove it's possible, not that it's a good idea.
22 Apr, 2011, Sryth wrote in the 42nd comment:
I have to admit, I'm horribly curious. What is it about your project that you want to distribute that is so revolutionary? Even the biggest and most proprietary software designers out there release detailed feature lists for free, otherwise how does anyone know if it would fit their needs?

I also have to +1 a couple of other people in this point…What if someone DOES use your core to build a game, say years in development, and operating systems change, and you get hit by a bus? Who is gonna fix it?
22 Apr, 2011, melopene wrote in the 43rd comment:
Sryth said:
I have to admit, I'm horribly curious. What is it about your project that you want to distribute that is so revolutionary? Even the biggest and most proprietary software designers out there release detailed feature lists for free, otherwise how does anyone know if it would fit their needs?

I also have to +1 a couple of other people in this point…What if someone DOES use your core to build a game, say years in development, and operating systems change, and you get hit by a bus? Who is gonna fix it?

Maybe he has one of those 'death monitor' services that will automagically post his source when the bus runs him down. :D
23 Apr, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 44th comment:
If you're poor and need an apple, shelter, or a nice car. (Or in your case just some entertainment?) I guess you should be able to just take it, as long as you don't think the company deserves to make a dollar or if they are greedy. '

God fucking dammit, stop comparing copyright violation and stealing, even the law say it is not the same thing.
You are just spilling the same RIAA/MAFIAA non sense…
23 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 45th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
If you're poor and need an apple, shelter, or a nice car. (Or in your case just some entertainment?) I guess you should be able to just take it, as long as you don't think the company deserves to make a dollar or if they are greedy. '

God fucking dammit, stop comparing copyright violation and stealing, even the law say it is not the same thing.
You are just spilling the same RIAA/MAFIAA non sense…

Yeah, I actually think copyright violation is worse. It's like a bunch of righteously indignant white collar criminals who get away with it, while someone stealing food out of necessity or such would be arrested. I have more sympathy for your so called actual stealing. So no, don't think I'm going to stop comparing it.
23 Apr, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 46th comment:
Runter said:
Yeah, I actually think copyright violation is worse.

That is really sad of you. In one case, you do not even notice the thing , as you can still enjoy and do whatever you want with your product, in the other case, you are deprieved of it.
The fact you think that if one day, 3d printer are good enough to produce spare part for repairing stuff, you will actually say 'No you do not have the right to do it cause I have a copyright on the spare part' is absolutely disgusting.
It is the same thing with medecine.
You prefer people dying because of copyright on medication….

That has nothing about feeling being entitled to everything for free, as few people are actually that way. And mostly who wrote the copyright laws in the first place.
I remember a little history when the USA started…they IGNORED any foreign copyright laws at the beginning, so they can develop themselves…
Funny heh…how world can change….who feels entitled to impose their views on copyright now…
23 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 47th comment:

If you really want to set the world back medically then don't protect the products that companies have to spend absurd money on to develop and more absurd money on to defend against lawyer. But I guess that would be "theoretical money" since nobody would develop new drugs in your perfect society. Or maybe just the government would?
23 Apr, 2011, Rarva.Riendf wrote in the 48th comment:
But I guess that would be "theoretical money" since nobody would develop new drugs in your perfect society. Or maybe just the government would?

And who build the roads you think….yes you need a governement so people are not acting like selfish assholes killing eachothers cause they think they are entitled to own whaever piece of land they put their flag in….and medication is a research domain that should be founded by the goddam whole world and not selfish assholes who then let people die if they cannot pay.
There were no copyrights laws for centuries and still, science and entertainment was existing, then suddenly it would all disappear without laws. hah…I call bullshit on you.
And ya know what, without a government you would have no copyright laws in the first place….
23 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 49th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
But I guess that would be "theoretical money" since nobody would develop new drugs in your perfect society. Or maybe just the government would?

And who build the roads you think….yes you need a governement so people are not acting like selfish assholes killing eachothers cause they think they are entitled to own whaever piece of land they put their flag in….and medication is a research domain that should be founded by the goddam whole world and not selfish assholes who then let people die if they cannot pay.
There were no copyrights laws for centuries and still, science and entertainment was existing, then suddenly it would all disappear without laws. hah…I call bullshit on you.
And ya know what, without a government you would have no copyright laws in the first place….

So just to be clear, your response is that yes, the government should do the medical development?
23 Apr, 2011, Scandum wrote in the 50th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:

The cost of government interference, requiring medication to be prescribed by people approved of by the government (licensed doctors), drives up the cost many times more than patent laws do.

And people dying is perfectly natural, unless one supports eugenics, genetic manipulation, embryo selection, or another viable alternative the whole idea of universal health care is misguided.
24 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 51st comment:
Wasn't this thread split so this discussion could continue in the proper place?
24 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 52nd comment:
Chris Bailey said:

It shouldn't have been. It was relevant to this thread. They should move the whole thread or none of it. Cutting it the way it was amounts to PR control for the OP considering his views. We don't normally remove content for that reason for anyone else. And frankly, without an explanation, I'm gonna continue to post replies here.
24 Apr, 2011, Twisol wrote in the 53rd comment:
Chris Bailey said:

I never noticed, I only browse from the Recent Threads list. :thinking:
24 Apr, 2011, Cratylus wrote in the 54th comment:
Runter said:
Chris Bailey said:

It shouldn't have been. It was relevant to this thread. They should move the whole thread or none of it. Cutting it the way it was amounts to PR control for the OP considering his views. We don't normally remove content for that reason for anyone else. And frankly, without an explanation, I'm gonna continue to post replies here.

I concur. Splitting the thread was pointless and stupid. RoFAdmin's piracy is relevant to this thread
and splitting it essentially Streisand Effects it so that it's even more noticeable he's trying to avoid
other people infringing on his rights while advocating infringing on the rights of others.

Typical MB tho. I keep hoping MB admins outgrow this kind of stuff but they never seem to.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
24 Apr, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 55th comment:
moved back here from thread split
I said:
If you are using libstdc++ and sockets, you probably need to dynamically link. And like Vigud suggested, you probably only need to produce two binaries. One for libstdc++ 3.0 systems and one for libstdc++ 4.0 systems in order to cover most linuxes. You can ask the user to unzip/untar the software to their home directory and hope it works (like some windows software). Or if you go the route using the two major software packaging systems RPM and APT (similar to windows installers), you'd take said two binaries and create multiple packages with them, for each Linux distribution you'd like to support. The packaging systems allow you to specify your library dependencies to make sure they are installed before your software can be. While you are going to produce many packages, it limits the headaches of giving the user the binaries and just hoping the rest of their system has the right software installed.
24 Apr, 2011, Chris Bailey wrote in the 56th comment:
Ah sorry, I thought threads in this part of the forum were specifically for discussing "Coding and Design". I don't pay much attention to the formalities of forums.
24 Apr, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 57th comment:
Rarva.Riendf said:
And who build the roads you think….

Who indeed.
24 Apr, 2011, Dean wrote in the 58th comment:
Cratylus said:
Runter said:
Chris Bailey said:

Typical MB tho. I keep hoping MB admins outgrow this kind of stuff but they never seem to.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net

Tar brush. :thinking:
24 Apr, 2011, Runter wrote in the 59th comment:
Tar and feathered.
24 Apr, 2011, Dean wrote in the 60th comment:
Runter said:
Tar and feathered.

Well, I must admit, I do enjoy this feathered look.. :evil:
40.0/84