12 Sep, 2007, Vladaar wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Just heads up everyone,

Zugg got the big list downloading again with zmud if you use that client. I reported it, because I noticed it didn't work, and I didn't want people deprived of receiving information about my game.

Muyahahahah!

Anyway, it works fine now.

Vladaar
13 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 2nd comment:
Given that my game is on that list too and there are a lot of folks that use zmud, I'm glad to hear it. But I'm surprised to hear that they're still fixing zmud issues now that they've declared it dead and moved on to cmud?
13 Sep, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 3rd comment:
It isn't exactly declared dead. Zugg has said that he has no plans to further develop zMUD. He has said that it is possible that he will still fix some issues with zMUD as time permits and/or depending on the severity of the issue.
13 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
Darwin, for all intents and purposes, that's the definition of dead as far as a project is concerned. Good riddance I say. Now if he'd only throw Cmud in the trash and get lost….. :)
13 Sep, 2007, Darwin wrote in the 5th comment:
To me, the definition of dead would be that there was no possibilities of bug fixes or any updates of any kind. It's a stable product so there really shouldn't be much more that needs to be fixed or updated with it.
13 Sep, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
:lol: Stable? That's a matter of opinion :biggrin:
13 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
Samson said:
Darwin, for all intents and purposes, that's the definition of dead as far as a project is concerned. Good riddance I say. Now if he'd only throw Cmud in the trash and get lost….. :)

Such a charitable attitude.. :lol:

Darwin said:
To me, the definition of dead would be that there was no possibilities of bug fixes or any updates of any kind. It's a stable product so there really shouldn't be much more that needs to be fixed or updated with it.

I suppose it depends on the person doing the defining, I'd be inclined to agree that "dead", for most software, would include something about it being unsupported, but in this case I could've sworn he'd declared that cMUD was intended to replace zMUD and that he was no longer supporting/selling zMUD beyond the barest essentials like helping to upgrade to cMUD, but my memory may be faulty on this one, especially since it mattered so little to me as I don't use zMUD really and have only even tried it a few times over the last 11 years of mud involvement.
13 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 8th comment:
Samson said:
:lol: Stable? That's a matter of opinion :biggrin:

Personally, I'm not sure where it's stability even comes into play since it's author has publicly declared that it's obsolete.
0.0/8