21 Mar, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
We the staff of Depths of Chaos would like to announce our first round beta test as of March 26, 2011.

This is an attempted closed beta, and only those registered on the website…

www.depthsofchaos.webs.com

…will be given access to this closed beta. Round One, this is going to be made up of about 420 rooms. This is to give players a chance to explore the game in a 'safer' zone, so that the chances of dying are slimmed down to only those who play with a lack of common sense. A month or two later, it is planned that we will proceed with Round Two Beta, which of course will open up several new areas and roleplay events.

We offer you Ascentia, a world created by a small, but dedicated staff who imagined a MUD that delved into new levels of realism while maintaining an engaging fantasy to lose yourself in. Set upon a small chain of islands, you arrive in game within the closed borders of the human kingdom. The decades of territorial skirmishes between the ruling kingdoms has finally ended, and a tentative peace now exists. The lines have been drawn, the alliances forged, enemies declared, while reasonable governance's between the races has strived to take hold and linger. In this new age of relative cooperation between at least some of the races, comes the rise of the Trinitarian Congregation, a triad of power, the leadership of three accepted and promoted religions within the human's borders.

To advance in this game, roleplay is required. Says and Emotes reward experience and the more you interact with your fellow players and the game around you, the faster you can advance.

Now, once again I would like to mention that this is indeed an attempt at a closed beta and only those registered with the website will be granted access. There is much to be gained by being a beta tester; such as player housing, noble roles, royalty roles, military positions, wealth, power and ground level entry to a new and engaging roleplay environment. Those who participate in beta will be allowed to keep their character past beta, unless circumstances deem in necessary to remove the character from the system (but, highly unlikely.)

We are still hiring for coders (those fluent in C and C++ are preferred) and we are also currently hiring for builders and staff. (OLC and Smaug Building skills recommended.)

Kameo - DoC Implimentor

Telnet:
Port:

Home - Depths of Chaos
Round One Beta Date:
***March 26, 2011***

Features:
Roleplay Enforced
Player owned Housing
Player owned Land
Player owned Shops
Player ran Economy
Crafting System
Caravan Deliveries
Clans
Player Ran Empires and Kingdoms
Levelless Simulation
Classless Simulation
And the List goes on and on…
21 Mar, 2011, Ssolvarain wrote in the 2nd comment:
Raven Nightshade said:
the more you interact with … the game around you, the faster you can advance.

So, I can advance in a world with nothing but a cash supply, alcohol and a trigger?
I'll assume I have spent the money I was going to take my significant other to Cuba with on crates of liquor.
Wait, how do you beat RP games again?
21 Mar, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 3rd comment:
How to play? Couldn't find anything on the website.
21 Mar, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 4th comment:
Everything is laid out in the character creations process, instructions are put into the room descriptions. If you have any questions feel free to ask, in the unfortunate case that someone may not be online to answer your questions, feel free to leave an in-game note and someone will get back to you.
21 Mar, 2011, David Haley wrote in the 5th comment:
I think Tyche was asking for connection information. He might have missed that you need to register for the closed beta to get it.
21 Mar, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 6th comment:
Host/Telnet:

Port:

Hope this clears up the confusion. :)
25 Mar, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 7th comment:
Just a quick note to let folks know that Depths of Chaos is closed all day today (Friday March 25, 2011) for a final spit polish before our Beta Open tomorrow, (Saturday, March 26, 2011).

There has been a change of plans however, due to the wonderful response we have had thus far from the public. We have scrapped the Closed Beta, and are now simply throwing the doors open to the public if you wish to come take a peek and check us out, no registration with the website is necessary, (though still recommended if you wish access to helpful information regarding Depths of Chaos).

So, take a look at Home - Depths of Chaos for more information, and I hope to see you all tomorrow for our Round One Beta!

Happy Roleplaying!

Tempest - IMP @ Depths of Chaos

Host: 216.136.9.5
Port:1350
26 Mar, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 8th comment:
Well, the time has come. Ready or not, the doors are open and all are welcome to come and take a peek at what drives us to distraction!

www.depthsofchaos.webs.com

Port 1350

Hope to see you in game!
27 Mar, 2011, Tyche wrote in the 9th comment:
Raven Nightshade said:
Everything is laid out in the character creations process, instructions are put into the room descriptions. If you have any questions feel free to ask, in the unfortunate case that someone may not be online to answer your questions, feel free to leave an in-game note and someone will get back to you.

How to play? Couldn't find anything in the game either.
01 Apr, 2011, Raven Nightshade wrote in the 10th comment:
How to play? Couldn't find anything in the game either.

I honestly do not know how to help you in this problem. So far, those who have logged in seem to find everything easy enough. And the helpfiles that are listed for everyone that logs in, new and/or alts, seem to explain things well enough. Could you perhaps go into detail with what you are having trouble with? Just saying 'how to play?' is not much to go on in this case.

Thank you.
0.0/10