16 Dec, 2010, johndahlstrom wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Brief Introduction
Frostheim is a new MUD set in a cold and harsh high fantasy world with influences from norse mythology. Development has been going on for a couple of months now, all done from scratch and with the engine written in Node.JS. Frostheim's goal is to create a game that is made for the players by the players and aimed to be very user friendly, easy to get into and free to play.

Classes
There will be no classes or archetypes with a set of abilities. Instead we have our own system called Circles where you as the player choose what you wish to learn, giving a new level of customization to your character.

Conflict
There will be two player run factions that are fighting over food and resources. There will also be neutral factions run by mobiles roaming the world that you can take control over through different means and then access what they have to offer.

But don't think it'll be easy to slay those mobiles, because they can be much like players. With the possibility to attack a mobile with any ability you'd use on a player, fighting mobiles gets to a whole new level. Their AI can vary from the traditional static attacks to very advanced and smart use of abilities and movement.

Combat system
Something we're excited about is our combat system. We call it Real-time turn based strategy system and it is quite easy to get a grasp on. Imagine having your traditional balance MUD where you only have one balance to do something with. It's then up to you to either attack your enemy and inflict damage, debuff him/her, buff yourself, heal your health or try and retreat.

And much more
There're of course plenty of other features on their way in addition to the ones which have already been implemented (such as building), but I hope this brief introduction has given you a good introduction to Frostheim, and enough information to get you excited.

So what are we looking for?
Currently we're looking for people who can help us develop (and later test) the combat system, primarily working on the various abilities and keeping the skill trees balanced. We're always open to suggestions, and look forward to hearing from you. If you're interested in assisting us, please contact me at john@frostheim.com
17 Dec, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
Votes: 0
Sounds interesting, I like the setting and the mob faction idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing a Javascript mud. Make sure to post when you have a playable build or demo :).
0.0/2