25 Nov, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
AFAICT it's down and been down a while.

Not that anyone from the admin team would notice! ;)

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net
01 Dec, 2010, Hyper_Eye wrote in the 2nd comment:
As far as I can tell IMC is back online but my MUD can't connect now. I get an invalid authentication response when I attempt to connect. I don't know what changed.
01 Dec, 2010, Kline wrote in the 3rd comment:
Known issue, but I don't think it has ever been fixed.

[link=post]45585[/link]
01 Dec, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
Might as well mention that there's an alternative IMC2 network, although 'complementary' or 'extended' are perhaps better terms; the Dalet IMC2 server talks to the MudBytes IMC2 server, in addition to connecting you to the I3 network. In other words, by connecting to Dalet IMC2 you get MudBytes IMC2 (when it's up) and the I3 network. Since Dalet is IMC2, it's very easy to point a currently working IMC2 client to connect there.
02 Dec, 2010, Kline wrote in the 5th comment:
David Haley said:
Might as well mention that there's an alternative IMC2 network, although 'complementary' or 'extended' are perhaps better terms; the Dalet IMC2 server talks to the MudBytes IMC2 server, in addition to connecting you to the I3 network. In other words, by connecting to Dalet IMC2 you get MudBytes IMC2 (when it's up) and the I3 network. Since Dalet is IMC2, it's very easy to point a currently working IMC2 client to connect there.

Also, just to note, I have yet to experience the invalid auth problem since I've been sitting on Dalet.
02 Dec, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 6th comment:
David Haley said:
Might as well mention that there's an alternative IMC2 network, although 'complementary' or 'extended' are perhaps better terms;

moist delicious plug

David Haley said:
the Dalet IMC2 server talks to the MudBytes IMC2 server, in addition to connecting you to the I3 network.

This I have to clarify. The second part is absolutely correct…you connect to dalet
using your IMC2 client…and magically you are able to participate on the i3 network.

But…and this is a big but…I have deliberately chosen not to bridge to MudBytes IMC2,
despite it not being particularly hard to do.

"But WHY Crat? WHY would you diss IMC2?"

I'm not doing anything of the kind…indeed I'm trying to do the opposite.
Bridging to MB IMC2 without permission strikes me as rude and presumptuous. I
am on the record, vociferously, as being fully in favor of unifying the networks.
I am certain, however, that this must be done with the full agreement, negotiation,
and mutual compromises of the admins from both sides.

Short circuiting what must be a mutual agreement with a unilateral vampire tap
feels hostile, wrong, and I'd really just rather not.

You might have been misled by the fact that DSD enjoys communication with
both networks, providing the illusion of unification…but the cake is a lie.

David Haley said:
Since Dalet is IMC2, it's very easy to point a currently working IMC2 client to connect there.

yup

Kline said:
Also, just to note, I have yet to experience the invalid auth problem since I've been sitting on Dalet.

I find the use of SHA in IMC2 kind of mystifying. All I can think of is that it's
meant to be convenient for the purpose of semi-securing remote-admin functions
for IMC2 admins…the MB admins. Other than that, it seems about as pointful as
a soup sandwich.

dalet doesn't support SHA auth, because…it's pointless to do so. So feel free to try dalet
out, just remember to disable SHA auth.

-Crat
http://lpmuds.net/intermud.html#dalet
02 Dec, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
Oops, my bad. I mixed up DSD awesomeness and Dalet awesomeness. Their awesomenesses are also alternatives, or perhaps complementary or extended.
0.0/7