30 Oct, 2010, boblinski wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Like the title says… any way to get it?

specifically for the HTC touch2
30 Oct, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 2nd comment:
You could get a vt100 capable ssh application, ssh to a *nix box, and run a console mud client.
30 Oct, 2010, Kline wrote in the 3rd comment:
Anything running Android works well using ConnectBot.
30 Oct, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
I use ConnectBot to connect to my server box, from which I use TinyFugue to connect to a MUD. I'm sure that Windows Mobile has some equivalent.
30 Oct, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 5th comment:
Do you use a specific mobile TF configuration?
30 Oct, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 6th comment:
No, I use the same one that my desktop uses.

To be more precise, I actually run TF inside a screen session, and I log in to that screen session from the phone. Screen takes care of resizing windows and so forth; it's pretty nifty, really. And if the cell phone connection bounces momentarily, the MUD session doesn't die.
31 Oct, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 7th comment:
One minor downside of screen is that xterm 256 colors don't work out of the box, as it automatically converts 256 color codes to 16 color codes. I think there's a compile time option to enable it.

People who are familiar with zmud scripting will probably have an easier time using TinTin++ instead of TinyFugue, as zmud is a derivative of the former. There are a couple of other console clients, but tt++ and tf are by far the most advanced ones, and likely to give you a headache trying to figure out the custom scripting languages.
31 Oct, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 8th comment:
It's too bad more clients aren't taking the approach of providing standard languages for scripting instead of insisting on concocting their own, which as you say only serves to give people headaches.
31 Oct, 2010, Rudha wrote in the 9th comment:
I found TF scripting the easiest out of any MUD client scripting, but that's probably because Im a linux freak.

A native phone app for MUDs would be nice, and is indeed on Elvenblade's lengthy TODO list; when I have Elvenblade as a server mature enough to work on a client, I'll probably at the very least be making some sort of client application that would work on iPhones, if for no other reason then it would let me plug away on my MUD during breaks at work.

There's a lot of extensibility like that I want to do at some point - a web-based building interface being the highest on that list - but it's all on the backburner until the server itself is stable, and feature-complete.

Maya/Rudha
31 Oct, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 10th comment:
Rudha said:
I found TF scripting the easiest out of any MUD client scripting, but that's probably because Im a linux freak.

A native phone app for MUDs would be nice, and is indeed on Elvenblade's lengthy TODO list; when I have Elvenblade as a server mature enough to work on a client, I'll probably at the very least be making some sort of client application that would work on iPhones, if for no other reason then it would let me plug away on my MUD during breaks at work.

There's a lot of extensibility like that I want to do at some point - a web-based building interface being the highest on that list - but it's all on the backburner until the server itself is stable, and feature-complete.

Maya/Rudha

there is an android app for it 'andromud'
31 Oct, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 11th comment:
Rudha said:

From what I've seen TF scripting somewhat resembles the linux shell, tintin scripting is more php like, with slightly different handling of braces because of the integrated command interface, making commands more like statements, and statements more like commands.

David Haley said:
It's too bad more clients aren't taking the approach of providing standard languages for scripting instead of insisting on concocting their own, which as you say only serves to give people headaches.

It's easier said then done with console clients. I think mcl allows Perl and Python scripting, but nobody I know of uses it, so that's not very encouraging. It's possible that the TT trigger and command interface combined with Lua scripting would generate some interest, but it'd probably gain little popularity, and as such be a waste of time.
02 Nov, 2010, Exodus wrote in the 12th comment:
On Android I use AndroMud. On windows mobile, you could probably drop Putty on an SD card and use that.
02 Nov, 2010, Kline wrote in the 13th comment:
Thanks, never head of AndroMud yet, will have to check it out! ConnectBot has served me well, but it would be nice to have something more structured toward a MUD vs general shell/server work.
10 Nov, 2010, plamzi wrote in the 14th comment:
For a new Android client in development, see this thread

For iPhone/iPod, see:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mudmaster... (text)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bedlam/id... (GUI)

In the interest of full disclosure, I am the developer of the iPhone apps.
10 Nov, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 15th comment:
Out of curiosity, does the dikumud license interfere with selling game-based apps?
10 Nov, 2010, plamzi wrote in the 16th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Out of curiosity, does the dikumud license interfere with selling game-based apps?

Bedlam is free to play at telnet://bedlam.gotdns.com:9000–the commercial app is just one way to experience it. I asked around just in case before developing the iPhone GUI and everyone agreed that the DikuMUD license doesn't prevent you from pointing commercial clients at a free server.
13 Nov, 2010, tphegley wrote in the 17th comment:
Blowtorch is pretty awesome. Its just now in the app store.
13 Nov, 2010, Kline wrote in the 18th comment:
DL'ed from Market and get immediate force closes once I hit connect. Then the backgroup service re-launches and I'm left with a terminal window that says connected but that really doesn't do anything. myTouch 4 G stock (no OTA yet, no perm root yet either *sad)
14 Nov, 2010, ATT_Turan wrote in the 19th comment:
I downloaded Blowtorch and while I don't have the problems running it that Kline does, it does have some display issues - I find that text surrounded by brackets is, for some reason, omitted from display. This gives me holes in my area map, prompt, the opening screen ASCII art…
15 Nov, 2010, tphegley wrote in the 20th comment:
Hmm. I haven't had any display issues yet. I have had some force closes where I've been multitasking and going back and forth quite a bit though.
Other then that, I've really enjoyed it and have loved being able to put buttons anywhere and everywhere and having the ability to use one button for two commends. I find it much better display then andromud…for my mud anyways.
0.0/98