15 Oct, 2010, Synthetic wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hi, I found your site while roaming for txt based gamming communities. Seeing how it's sort of a tight crowd, I'm looking to get to people spicificly interested in text based games. I've played Realms of Kaos for about 13 years now, and want to tell others about it. We have a great community with admins that are dedicated… But, our player base has fallen over the years and I want to get word back out. Currently we have players from all over the world. It's a fantasy RPG, you can choose from a great combo of 10 races and 12 classes, along with your divinity (night,earth,storm,water,fire) having a slight bonus over the opposing divinity. It has great mechanics, making exploring, fighting and merchant exhanges a better experience. With graphic pictures and an auto map. The world is fairly large with several "One a Days" these are items that are better than store bought, that drop off special mobs which spawn once per day. They are the economy along side gold in the market. Each square has a very detailed discription to grasp imagination. Character portaits are detailed and plush with several to chose from, both male and female. There are Quests you can go on in the major cities to help new players level, obtain items, and gold. The gameplay is world style rpg, with no end or single story line, as well as PvP. There are several different cities and areas with a vast array of monsters and treasures throughout. PvP keeps the game interesting, espicialy in the Events. These are special events held by community staff as well as administrators, team based, mosh, special rule (event details are givin prehand).., are just examples. You have the opertunity to level in towns at arenas or out in the wild, but outside of city walls you may be PK'd. Music and sound effects to go along make Realms of Kaos, easily the best game in it's genre I've come to know.

Click here to visit their site. I'm sure you will love it! Happy Adventuring!
15 Oct, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 2nd comment:
Yeah, I used to play this way back when.

Wonder if my character is still there.
15 Oct, 2010, Synthetic wrote in the 3rd comment:
It went through a couple wipes :redface: and server is down for a patch :ghostface:

Out of curiousity, who were you ingame?
15 Oct, 2010, Synthetic wrote in the 4th comment:
While the server is down ( I don't expect too much longer) Here is the Wiki page of RoK for those interested… RoK Wiki You can read up on gameplay, character creation; Race, class combos, Divinities, Items, Spells/Abilities, Maps… Basicaly everything you need to get a feel for the game before you step in. There are a couple screen shots there as well as the main site to get a look at the client itself… One thing I'd like to mention is the appeal of the compition, with new players comes powerfull clans and legendary rivalry. New players are always welcomed to be coached in and shown the ropes. But the starting feeling of the adventure when you first step in is the best memory :lol:
15 Oct, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 5th comment:
2002 marked the official shift from Alpha to Beta status, and included a new client that introduced an integrated automatic map which plots a player's movements as they explore new areas. The resulting map was displayed in a tab within the client's upper left corner and had special icons for different kinds of rooms, like taverns, arenas and academias.

Now this is the kind of map I'd like to see come standard with MUDs. Pipe dream, but hey :P

Sounds pretty cool.
15 Oct, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 6th comment:
Synthetic said:
It went through a couple wipes :redface: and server is down for a patch :ghostface:

Out of curiousity, who were you ingame?

Either:
RebirthSephiroth
Zeno McDohl
Zenoxio
16 Oct, 2010, Synthetic wrote in the 7th comment:
Kinda rings a bell, I was on and off for long periods of time though. And Sso, yea it was a huge difference.
18 Oct, 2010, Synthetic wrote in the 8th comment:
Server is up, and we're smooth sailing again :cool: Anyone wanting to try it, grab tha client and enjoy! Link in the original post. Ingame I'm usualy on either Medpack or Maki. You can page me or send a telegram from any tavern, let me know you came on through here and I'll hook you up with everything I can.

P.S. some little things I left out to let you know how far into little things we are: Crafting system; token sards and tokens (shards combine to beccome tokens) are used to craft variousy renamed or brilled (special better tier) items. There are weapons with divs on certain races, blesses, enchants, soulbinding… Interface makes it easy for clicking or pure typing, it's your choice. I realy hope to see some new faces around the world of Syndar! Happy Adventuring!
0.0/8