28 Sep, 2010, Chaos wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This is my stockmud. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My stockmud is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My stockmud, without me, is useless. Without my stockmud, I am useless. I must promote my stockmud true. I must spam TMC faster than my enemy who is trying to outspam me. I must fake out the one newbie available, who is looking for a roleplay enforced cyberpunk setting Tiny, before he does. I will…

My stockmud and myself know that what counts in MUDding is not the areas we design, the quality of our roleplay, nor the features of our code. We know that it is the forum spam that counts. We will spam…

My stockmud is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its Newbie School and Midgaard zones, its stock D&D classes, its halfassed rent system and its beastly fidos. I will ever guard it against the ravages of roleplay and description as I will ever guard my fingers, my nerves, my eyes and my brain against learning to code. I will keep my stockmud pure and "Highly Modified". We will become part of each other. We will…

Before Bartle, I swear this creed. My stockmud and myself are the defenders of my internet power fantasy. We are the masters of downloading snippets and calling that coding. We are the saviors of my, um, life. So be it, until all the newbies are tricked by spam into logging in and there is no other MUD, but mine!
28 Sep, 2010, Dean wrote in the 2nd comment:
Thanks for sharing, Chaos. :biggrin:
28 Sep, 2010, Kline wrote in the 3rd comment:
This needs to be an addendum to Crat's newcomer letter.
29 Sep, 2010, Jhypsy Shah wrote in the 4th comment:
imo that's always been the worst thing about alot of muds is (other than stock) just the fact they tend to be copyright/trademark nightmares as far as original content go. Like core rules, lore, storyline, material and graphix on the site, etc..
29 Sep, 2010, Tonitrus wrote in the 5th comment:
Chaos for President.
0.0/5