12 Aug, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I'm offering free MUD hosting for anyone who is a member of MudBytes (you must be registered for at least 1 week and have at least 5 quality posts, and by quality I don't mean spamming 5 posts in a span of 30min).

If you're interested and you meet these requirements, PM me with the username you would like to have. Note that I have limited space, so first come first serve.

Server specs and info: http://zeno.biyg.org

More details (and if we're accepting new users): http://zeno.biyg.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&a...

Watch http://twitter.com/Zenoxio for server updates/news/downtime etc.
13 Aug, 2007, Guest wrote in the 2nd comment:
Just as an FYI - visitors to the site will need to make sure cookies are allowed for the zeno.biyg.org subdomain or the page will not load.
13 Aug, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 3rd comment:
Looks pretty awesome.

Of course, would be better for mudbytes if this post was on TMC. Tell them to register and post on mudbytes for free hosting. :D

People who see this prolly already have a mudbytes account.
13 Aug, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 4th comment:
I'm moving in steps to allow public use of the server. At first, it was only people I knew personally.

But yeah, that'll be the next step. I'll probably do it after I recover from surgery.
13 Aug, 2007, tphegley wrote in the 5th comment:
Does your hosting service have Lua installed?
13 Aug, 2007, Caius wrote in the 6th comment:
Lua is pretty straight forward to install in your home directory. That way you'll even get exactly the version you want.
13 Aug, 2007, tphegley wrote in the 7th comment:
Yea, i'm probably going to end up doing that.
13 Aug, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 8th comment:
If there's something that isn't installed, you can request it on the Suggestions section on our forums.
13 Aug, 2007, tphegley wrote in the 9th comment:
Ok, Thanks Zeno.
21 Aug, 2007, Xyris wrote in the 10th comment:
I think its awesome that you are doing this. I hope i can still make it in time ti get one! :biggrin:
22 Aug, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 11th comment:
Just got home, I'll check my PMs now. :)
22 Aug, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 12th comment:
Welcome back.
22 Aug, 2007, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
Indeed! Welcome back, we were just wondering last night (on IMC) if everything had gone okay for you. :smile:
24 Aug, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 14th comment:
Thanks. :)

Random comment. My inspiration on hosting a free MUD host comes from my first host (which was free); Fredrik's (fredrik.homelinux.org). We had unlimited quota, it was a great host. If he reads this, I just want to thank him again. ;)
25 Aug, 2007, Paradigm wrote in the 15th comment:
Fredrik had a great free host. He hosted one of our first servers(hubs back then) when we launched Mud Domain IMC2(now Mudbytes IMC2).
03 Sep, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 16th comment:
Until the subdomain can update, you should be able to use http://72.228.5.117 to get to the site.
14 Sep, 2007, Ryanicus wrote in the 17th comment:
This sounds like a good deal. I just need a place to put the mud for development. I would use my localhost but my ISP is restricting incoming telnets. Will you still have some space left in a week Zeno? Cheers.

-ryanicus
14 Sep, 2007, Zeno wrote in the 18th comment:
Yep, I should.
14 Sep, 2007, Conner wrote in the 19th comment:
Hey, you never know, we might suddenly get a huge insurge of new signups today here who all rush to get their five posts in so that they can qualify for Zeno's deal in time to race with you for those last free slots. :wink: :lol:
14 Sep, 2007, Kjwah wrote in the 20th comment:
Conner said:
Hey, you never know, we might suddenly get a huge insurge of new signups today here who all rush to get their five posts in so that they can qualify for Zeno's deal in time to race with you for those last free slots. :wink: :lol:

Speaking of which, can I get hosted?!? :P

Just kidding. :D
0.0/176