06 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Anyone playing? My friend finally bugged me enough to install it and I have to say, it's quite awesome. Just curious if anyone else is playing.

I just started today so I'm a total newb but it's still fun. Helps that I have some friends that play though.
06 Aug, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 2nd comment:
Looks interesting. Free to play, aside from the need to purchase champions?
06 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 3rd comment:
Ssolvarain said:

Which you can buy with champion points or something that you earn from playing.

I think the only thing that really costs money are the skins if I'm not mistaken.
06 Aug, 2010, Elvarlyn wrote in the 4th comment:
Kjwah said:
Ssolvarain said:

I think the only thing that really costs money are the skins if I'm not mistaken.

You are almost correct. There are also 'boosts' which drastically improve the rate at which you gain experience and IP that can only be purchased with real money.

There are many, many champions and each week, 10 of them are free. Others can be purchased with Riot Points (bought for RL money) or IP (which one gains from playing). If one buys champions with Riot Points, they have more IP to spend on runes… but you don't have to. I'm max-level with many hundreds of games played and I've never spent a cent.
06 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 5th comment:
Elvarlyn said:
Kjwah said:
Ssolvarain said:

You are almost correct. There are also 'boosts' which drastically improve the rate at which you gain experience and IP that can only be purchased with real money.

There are many, many champions and each week, 10 of them are free. Others can be purchased with Riot Points (bought for RL money) or IP (which one gains from playing). If one buys champions with Riot Points, they have more IP to spend on runes… but you don't have to. I'm max-level with many hundreds of games played and I've never spent a cent.

Good to know. I kind of skipped reading up on the game. My friend was so annoying about getting me to play that I kind of just said screw it did the tutorial and then did a few practice matches.
17 Aug, 2010, Fevenis wrote in the 6th comment:
Gotta admit, this game is pretty amazing and very addictive if you don't get pounded into the ground too much. The players on there are very aggresive, and sometimes the shit talking can really get ya down.

The skins do cost money, and dang are they spendy. Typically running at $10 a skin.. And the skins just change your looks. I've spent around $40 on skins and every time I think about it I feel like it was money wasted.

Give the game a try though, it's good fun. Played it almost six months straight.
17 Aug, 2010, Ssolvarain wrote in the 7th comment:
Fevenis said:
the shit talking can really get ya down.

You missed CS 1.6 in its prime. :P
17 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 8th comment:
Ssolvarain said:
Fevenis said:
the shit talking can really get ya down.

You missed CS 1.6 in its prime. :P

Still play it. Been playing it since before steam even existed. :D Wont touch source. 1.6 is where it is still at.
17 Aug, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 9th comment:
Been playing it since before steam even existed. :D

Heh. I'm not sure if this comment should amuse me, make me sad, or make me feel old.
17 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 10th comment:
David Haley said:
Been playing it since before steam even existed. :D

Heh. I'm not sure if this comment should amuse me, make me sad, or make me feel old.

Well, it was only a mod in 98 or 99. Went retail in 2000 or 2001. Steam was out in 2003? Not sure. So this shouldn't make either of us feel old but I'm starting to feel old myself. Wont give my age but it's a lot older than I act.
17 Aug, 2010, Runter wrote in the 11th comment:
If david is old then so am I. :(
17 Aug, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 12th comment:
Kjwah said:
Still play it. Been playing it since before steam even existed. :D Wont touch source. 1.6 is where it is still at.

Weee!
17 Aug, 2010, Kjwah wrote in the 13th comment:
Tyche said:
Kjwah said:

Weee!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(cont...

but I should have figured, this is the MUDding community. Trolling iz fun. Maybe I should get back to doing that again. :D
0.0/13