13 Jul, 2010, Brinson wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
In its vanilla state, which codebase would you consider most advanced, ie, feature rich? I was toying with CoffeeMud today, and not having any exposure to it before, it impressed me quite a bit with its feature set.
13 Jul, 2010, ralgith wrote in the 2nd comment:
I always liked Dawn of Time codebase for large feature set completeness.

And I dislike CoffeeMud in general since its java, and java is such a resource hog. So I've never even tried it. I already use too many java programs. MegaMek, Vuze… a few others.
13 Jul, 2010, quixadhal wrote in the 3rd comment:
Hmmm, feature rich? Perhaps the Discworld mudlib for the FluffOS LPC driver. The Dead Souls mudlib is also pretty feature rich, and looking at both would be pretty informative.

Otherwise, DoT is pretty hefty, and AFKMUD is also pretty full-featured.

CoffeeMUD is very feature rich, but it is also quite challenging to learn (IMHO) unless you're a java guru.
13 Jul, 2010, Sharmair wrote in the 4th comment:
I would say the most advanced codebases would be in the SMAUG tree. Stock is pretty feature
rich, and some of the derivatives go much further (AFK was mentioned in the last post, but it is
far from the most feature rich SMAUG).
13 Jul, 2010, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
I'm thinking that maybe before we get too much further into which Mu has the most Buddha nature,
perhaps we could define the Buddha?
13 Jul, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 6th comment:
Cratylus said:
I'm thinking that maybe before we get too much further into which Mu has the most Buddha nature,
perhaps we could define the Buddha?

The Buddha being used above appears to be game features.
Highly advanced, flexible and feature-full mud servers that leave the game design entirely up to the user haven't been mentioned.
I was going to suggest MUX, DGD, or Cold, but those are Buddhas of a different nature.
13 Jul, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 7th comment:
I'd have to mention Emud/Lola for having several features not found in other codebases.
13 Jul, 2010, Kline wrote in the 8th comment:
I've tried to add a good slew of both helpful and useful things into AckFUSS and left configuration all in-game where feasible. Even the game difficulty / leveling speed is adjustable via an admin cp, and features are easy to turn on/off depending on how in-depth of a game you want for things like armor type restrictions, "realistic" items (aka no armor bonus from a sword), etc.
0.0/8