18 Jun, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0

What does MB think? Has a lot less functionality, but if you just want a tidy interface for viewing posts etc… :)
18 Jun, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 2nd comment:
Looks a little weird to me.

Also, maybe you should censor out those IP's you have displayed there. We don't want people hacking flumpy CB or DH now do we?
18 Jun, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 3rd comment:
Igabod said:
Looks a little weird to me.

Also, maybe you should censor out those IP's you have displayed there. We don't want people hacking flumpy CB or DH now do we?

whoops
18 Jun, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 4th comment:
kiasyn said:
whoops

You think that's bad? A few weeks ago I posted a screenshot of my mud (to demo a plugin) which showed my login details, including my password. I didn't even realise until one my players sent me a tell asking "Your password isn't really … is it?"

MB Lite looks good.
18 Jun, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 5th comment:
KaVir said:
kiasyn said:
whoops

You think that's bad? A few weeks ago I posted a screenshot of my mud (to demo a plugin) which showed my login details, including my password. I didn't even realise until one my players sent me a tell asking "Your password isn't really … is it?"

niiiiice
18 Jun, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 6th comment:
I think the thing that's making it look so weird is the lack of sigs and the lack of the pm button. If it had those two things I think it would be a lot nicer.

[Edit to add] The MB2 skin is very close to what I'm looking for except that it has some minor issues with the width of things being off and on the main page there's images that failed to load next to posts that I haven't read yet.
18 Jun, 2010, kiasyn wrote in the 7th comment:
Igabod said:
I think the thing that's making it look so weird is the lack of sigs and the lack of the pm button. If it had those two things I think it would be a lot nicer.

i was gonna add pm back in where it says quote reply etc etc

don't know about sigs, i want this to also be the view for mobile devices
18 Jun, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 8th comment:
hmm yeah I guess sigs would throw off mobile devices a bit.

I added an edit to the previous post while you were posting that.
18 Jun, 2010, Asylumius wrote in the 9th comment:
It would look better if it looked nothing like MudBytes :)

I dunno, the site doesn't LOOK all that bad on my iPhone, but then again my iPhone seems to do a better job than a lot of web capable phones. Bandwidth wise, I'd be interested in hearing the difference between the regular and lite. I don't surf the web on my phone much, and unless it's a quick Google search or something important, I reserve recreational stuff like MB for when I'm on WiFi, where I don't care if I have to download an extra 2-300k of junk.

EDIT: Glad I read the whole thread before responding. I was gonna ask why you had all those dumb looking white boxes under the names.
18 Jun, 2010, Kline wrote in the 10th comment:
Not bad at all. Things currently display "just fine" on my phone too (G1), but I'd actually enjoy a more stripped down display to avoid scrolling about the screen so much.
18 Jun, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 11th comment:
I think it's good although I'd have to see on the phone to know for sure. (The issue isn't being "just fine", it's not having to scroll around so much.) Having the user info on top of rather than next to the post is a good change.

And yes, the point is to work on phones with limited screen real estate, so not having sigs or all the buttons is kind of the whole point IMHO. (That said, small, short text-only sigs would be fine I think.)
18 Jun, 2010, shasarak wrote in the 12th comment:
My apologies for being quite so profoundly out of touch :redface: but what exactly is"MB Lite"? A version of Mudbytes intended for viewing on mobile devices?
18 Jun, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 13th comment:
Presumably, it's a skin that Kiasyn is working on for that purpose, yes. See, e.g.,
[link=post]46221[/link]
18 Jun, 2010, donky wrote in the 14th comment:
If anyone wants to try an even more minimalist display of posts than kiasyn shows in his screenshot or mockup, I've added a greasemonkey script (screenshot at end of post): [link=post]47304[/link].
0.0/14