28 Jan, 2008, Davion wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Update: You can now address your PMs to "admins" or to "mods" to contact all of the site administrators or moderators respectively.

If you wish to contact any of us privately, use the PM system and address it to "Davion; Kiasyn" and all two of us will get the message and reply to your requests with as much haste as we can. Please allow at least 2 days for a response.
28 Jan, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
Wouldn't it be easier to whip up a group address for Admins inside the PM system? So that instead of typing out all 4 names, people only need to address it to Admin/Admins/Administrator/Administrators something like that?
28 Jan, 2008, Zeno wrote in the 3rd comment:
Easier for us, sure. :P But not for them.
28 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 4th comment:
A group address isn't a bad idea really. Though rather than hack up the code just for this site I'd like to see about working that in as a QSFP base feature. The ability to create PM aliases that are assigned to a batch of users would prove handy.
28 Jan, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 5th comment:
Glad I could help
28 Jan, 2008, Zenn wrote in the 6th comment:
Not only for administrators though :stare:

This would prove really useful for oweners/implementors of MUDs that all had accounts here, so for example, say you wanted to send hate mail to your favorite mud's owners. You'd just type in the TO box the name of the mud and it'd send it to whoever was the owners (A.K.A. a group system)
28 Jan, 2008, Kayle wrote in the 7th comment:
That's taking it a bit far.
28 Jan, 2008, Guest wrote in the 8th comment:
While the implementation of what I have in mind would technically make that possible Zenn, we won't be setting up any aliases in the system to allow that to happen. :)
29 Jan, 2008, Conner wrote in the 9th comment:
Davion said:
If you wish to contact any of us privately, use the PM system and address it to "Samson; Davion; Asylumius; Kiasyn" and all four of us will get the message and reply to your requests with as much haste as we can. Please allow at least 2 days for a response.

Wow, boy am I special! If I send one PM within 2 days I'll get back four? Cool! I wish I could do that with cash instead of PMs at my local bank… oh, wait, that wasn't just written to me, now I'm not feeling nearly as special and priviledged.. on the other hand, why would the admins here want to each respond to every PM sent to the four of them? Do they just not see each other's names in the sent to line? …

Samson said:
A group address isn't a bad idea really. Though rather than hack up the code just for this site I'd like to see about working that in as a QSFP base feature. The ability to create PM aliases that are assigned to a batch of users would prove handy.

I'll second that motion! :)

Samson said:
While the implementation of what I have in mind would technically make that possible Zenn, we won't be setting up any aliases in the system to allow that to happen. :)

I was thinking more the opposite, site admins might be able to use that to send PMs to everyone within a certain user group, like addressing a PM to all members, or to all "waiting validation" or..
29 Jan, 2008, Davion wrote in the 10th comment:
When we reply to a PM, we also forward it to the other admins, so unless there's a reason for all of us to respond, you wont get four replies back.
02 Feb, 2008, Conner wrote in the 11th comment:
Not even for me? :wink:
Nah, was just teasing because of the way you'd phrased it. :smile:
11 Jun, 2010, shasarak wrote in the 12th comment:
If this thread is going to remain stickied, then I think it should be made up to date - the initial post dates back to before Samson's resignation. No point in trying to contact him if you have an admin issue.
11 Jun, 2010, Orrin wrote in the 13th comment:
I've edited the OP to bring it more up to date, I guess Davion can decide if it still warrants a sticky or not.
0.0/13