28 May, 2010, mijutsai wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Out of curiosity, does anyone use virtualmin? I've got it installed now instead of PLESK. Easy to use and work with, but, when I create an account. I get this…

Adding new DNS zone ..
.. BIND DNS domain failed! : Failed to open /var/lib/bind/mbliss.ath.cx.hosts for writing : Bad file descriptor at ../web-lib-funcs.pl line 1332.

any ideas on what it is that I should do to fix it?
28 May, 2010, Sryth wrote in the 2nd comment:
Not personally, but I know virtualmin has their own forums on their website. Might find info there, or at least larger numbers of users to ask.
28 May, 2010, Davion wrote in the 3rd comment:
Ya know, most people who use plesk use it because that is what's provided. You can always install webmin (something I find much simpler than plesk) which can do pretty much everything.

I personally hate plesk. When VPSLand (DO NOT USE VPSLAND!!!) switched to virtuozzo (also, do not use!) plesk came installed. I used it for all of 10 seconds before trying to obliterate it from my install. Only problem was it's tied into the OS itself. It's like a virus ;). You can always do this stuff from command-line. It may take a bit of getting used too, but actually learning how to use your OS is far better than trying to figure out a nifty control panel.
0.0/3