18 May, 2010, fuzzyweapon wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I know many years ago I was able to build tinymush in cygwin and I think there might have been a how-to out there on the internet somewhere (that may have disappeared).

Anyways, I'm using the newest releases of both and I'm running into problems with gettimeofday being declared differently in sys/time.h than in autoconf.h. autoconf.h won't let me edit it. All edits get written over by the configure file and I can't figure out how to do some basics like telling it I don't need to declare gettimeofday (at the very least and a longshot on troubleshooting).

My sys/time.h is declaring by passing *void as the second parameter and my autoconf.h is passing a struct timezone * parameter.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Does anyone know anyone who has TM3 working on Cygwin that I could talk to?

This is occurring in unsplit.o after trying to compile the comsys module. Any help or pointing in the right direction would really help. If push comes to shove I guess I could try disabling the comsys module, but that would be a shame because the game I'm porting over to this windows machine has it already.

Julia
18 May, 2010, fuzzyweapon wrote in the 2nd comment:
Also, I've considered using deprecated releases, but I'm having a hard time of it since each package is released independently and I haven't been able to figure out what the time headers are released with, the Cygwin core? Not sure.
18 May, 2010, Sharmair wrote in the 3rd comment:
I thought the idea of configure was to scan the system and create the autoconf.h
and Makefile depending on what it finds or does not find. Why would you run it
more then once? I would think you would run it once, then fix the mistake it made.
Looking at the code in the Tinymush-2.2.2 I have here (and assuming yours is
similar), it looks like you would #undef NEED_GETTIMEOFDAY_DCL (or just not
#define it).
0.0/3