16 May, 2010, vidar1987 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
Hey, Im running a smaug based mud. Now when people first create and log on, it takes them to a certain room. How can I change it to take them into a different room? I found this in comm.c

check_auth_state( ch ); /* new auth */
if( !ch->was_in_room && ch->in_room == get_room_index( ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE ) )
ch->was_in_room = get_room_index( ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE );
else if( ch->was_in_room == get_room_index( ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE ) )
ch->was_in_room = get_room_index( ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE );
else if( !ch->was_in_room )
ch->was_in_room = ch->in_room;

Maybe that has something to do with changing it, although I cant see a vnum in there where I would change which room the new char starts in.
16 May, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE is a constant defined in mud.h. It's defined to whatever vnum you want it to be. just look for #define ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE (some number)
16 May, 2010, vidar1987 wrote in the 3rd comment:
Changed it, but it isnt working, still sends me to room 100 and not 500 when I create test person.
16 May, 2010, Sharmair wrote in the 4th comment:
ROOM_AUTH_START is the room the player will start in with auth on, ROOM_VNUM_SCHOOL
if auth is off. ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE is the default recall room and ROOM_VNUM_ALTAR is
the room they go to when they die. In my case these all are cset options, but otherwise
should all be together in mud.h in the section for builders.
16 May, 2010, Chris Bailey wrote in the 5th comment:
Vidar, when you changed it. Did you compile clean and restart your mud server?
17 May, 2010, JohnnyStarr wrote in the 6th comment:
What Chris is pointing out is that you want to type "make clean" and then "make".
What might be happening is that your header file is updating, but the compiler looks for modifications in .c files
only. So your object files need to be removed and recreated with your updated header. As a suggestion, it might
help to get in the habit of typing:"make clean && make"
17 May, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 7th comment:
I had a dream… a dream where one day, standard distributions will have dependencies set up correctly in the makefiles so that we don't need to go through this silly rigmarole. :smile:
17 May, 2010, Runter wrote in the 8th comment:
David Haley said:
I had a dream… a dream where one day, standard distributions will have dependencies set up correctly in the makefiles so that we don't need to go through this silly rigmarole. :smile:

The Unattainable Dream by David Haley
17 May, 2010, Zeno wrote in the 9th comment:
I moved this to the Smaug forum. Please keep topics in there if you're talking about a Smaug MUD.
18 May, 2010, Sharmair wrote in the 10th comment:
Then again, even if he did make clean and make, it still would not have changed
the start room if he only changed ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE. As I pointed out in post
4 here, ROOM_VNUM_TEMPLE is NOT the start room, but the recall room.
0.0/10