16 Mar, 2010, David Haley wrote in the 21st comment:
Votes: 0
Changing the term Copyover would be nice

Why?

Player run cities come to mind, real economies, and player controlled ships. Not fully sure what the best way to name those fields would be: Player run Cities, Economy, Player Ships?

If it's defined appropriately…….
16 Mar, 2010, KaVir wrote in the 22nd comment:
Scandum said:
I considered adding races, classes, etc, but I think the list will be more useful if it includes significant features, rather than stuff most people can add?

Adding new classes and races to a mud that already supports them is generally very quick and easy, but implementing an actual class or race system from scratch is quite a bit more involved.

But that raise a fair point. An AckMUD-style multiclassing system would require changes elsewhere in the code, but the GodWars Deluxe hybrid classes - although similar to multiclassing from a user's perspective - are no more complex than adding new classes.

Scandum said:
Player run cities come to mind, real economies, and player controlled ships. Not fully sure what the best way to name those fields would be: Player run Cities, Economy, Player Ships?

A bit specific I think. I would use "clans" to refer to most types of player-controlled organisation, and think I'd group together the above features in the same way. Perhaps "property ownership" could include player run cities, shops, worlds, houses, etc. Likewise you could include player ships in a "mounts/vehicles" category. Not so sure about economy, as that mostly depends on the playerbase IMO.

David Haley said:
Changing the term Copyover would be nice

Why?

Copyover allows you to reboot to add changes without disconnecting the players - but some muds don't need any sort of reboot to add new changes. I think it would be useful to include both types of mud in the same category, something like "on-the-fly updates" which could be "Yes" for LPmud, "Copyover" for QuickMUD and "No" for DikuMUD.
16 Mar, 2010, Tyche wrote in the 23rd comment:
What if the mud supports 1024 colors or 4 million?
16 Mar, 2010, Runter wrote in the 24th comment:
Copyover allows you to reboot to add changes without disconnecting the players - but some muds don't need any sort of reboot to add new changes. I think it would be useful to include both types of mud in the same category, something like "on-the-fly updates" which could be "Yes" for LPmud, "Copyover" for QuickMUD and "No" for DikuMUD.

I agree. Dynamic languages typically make this trivial to have basic support for. Although, I usually implement a copyover command too…
16 Mar, 2010, Scandum wrote in the 25th comment:
Tyche said:
What if the mud supports 1024 colors or 4 million?

I'm probably biased, but I prefer listing protocols implemented by a notable amount of clients and MUDs. I think MXP allows 24 bit colors, which is listed.
28 Oct, 2015, Nathan wrote in the 26th comment:
Thread Necromancy!

Anyway, it would be good if the codebase comparison could pull data directly from the wiki pages so that when you add/update a codebase's entry, the comparison page can be updated.
20.0/26