15 Mar, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
I want to add a few new item types to my smaugfuss code and I vaguely remember seeing a how-to on the subject somewhere. I was wondering if anybody else remembers seeing this how-to and can point me to it. I am sure I can figure it out for myself with a little effort but I'd still like to have a copy of the how-to handy for the future so I don't have to stumble through it again. My memory isn't likely to serve me well in the future since it's not serving me well at the moment.
15 Mar, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 2nd comment:
I've never seen an FAQ or a guide, but adding item types is trivial. The easiest way to learn to do it is to search for all occurrences of an existing item type that does similar things to what you're trying to add, and do something similar for your new item type. The very core of adding an item type is two changes. It needs added to the list of item types in mud.h, and then to the flag arrays in build.c. After that the item type is added, it just doesn't do anything. I know there's a couple places in handler.c that you'll need to modify, and I think maybe the auction and identify codes need modded as well. But again, the easiest way to do it is to search for a similar item type.
15 Mar, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 3rd comment:
yeah I went ahead and did it while I was waiting for a response and figured out that I was thinking about something else that was difficult. Not sure what it was exactly that I was thinking of, but it wasn't this. Maybe adding a new wear-loc or something.
15 Mar, 2010, Kayle wrote in the 4th comment:
Well, an explanation of adding wear locations is on the SmaugMuds site as someone over there asked about that recently.
16 Mar, 2010, Igabod wrote in the 5th comment:
thank you, I most likely won't be needing that for this mud though.
0.0/5