27 Apr, 2007, Omega wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
If anyone has been wondering where I am, well, here be the news.

My wife came down with a slight case of pregnancy, and I have been stripped of my time on
the computer in preparation to that of having a child, plus my work has been really outragous,
anyways, figured i'd let everyone know why I'm not around, as I haven't been talkative as of late,

so with that said, i'm going away for another large period of time due to vehicle troubles,
it never ends, so anyways, now everyone knows, so enjoy people.
27 Apr, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 2nd comment:
My wife came down with a slight case of pregnancy

Odd way to word it, but congratulations. :biggrin:
27 Apr, 2007, Davion wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yeah… we weren't wondering :devil:
27 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 4th comment:
Sorry to hear that your life has recently become so busy, Darien, but gratz on the pending newbie, Dragona and I have another one scheduled to afflict us around the middle of July too. :wink:
28 Apr, 2007, Brinson wrote in the 5th comment:
Davion said:
Yeah… we weren't wondering :devil:

Actually, I was. I had to browse through here to find his backup code because his site is in the middle of being changed.
30 Apr, 2007, Guest wrote in the 6th comment:
Gratz on the baby.

So does this mean ROCS won't be out for awhile? :P
30 Apr, 2007, Conner wrote in the 7th comment:
That's how I'd interpretted it, Samson. *shrug*
02 May, 2007, Omega wrote in the 8th comment:
rocs is the last thing on my mind at the moment, as it stands, i haven't had the time to be online at all, though you may see me on msn, its because my computer is always online, however, i am not usualy around, my wife hasn't taken well to the pregnancy, she doesn't get morning sickness, she gets evening sickness, so all day i'm at work, and the rest of the day i'm dealing with a wife who can't keep food down.

But on the up-side, the doctors say she's perfectly healthy, minus low iron, but we are fixing that, and she should start feeling better, we get to know the sex in about 4 more weeks, so that will make me very happy. (as i want to know)

Anyways, side-note on rocs, when this all started coming down, rocs was doing quite nicely, and it is still at that point, the basic functionality of the system is there, works, just none of the editors are built(minus the area-editor) which was the first editor I made.

In anycase, when I find the time, I'll continue the development, and/or go through and comment it all so people will understand how everything works, and then pass it on if I feel that I won't be back at it for a long, long, long time. But i don't expect that, if my wife starts feeling better during the evenings, i should beable to scrounge up some time to work on it. Hell, maybe even work on my own mud :P since i've neglected that big-time. Which, btw samson, sorry if it ganks your systems memory (it shouldn't) but if something goes really wierd, and it does, sorry, (normaly i'm around and i notice within afew hours of something going wrong)

Now, davion, that was just mean, i'm hurt…. so hurt… *sniffles*

conner, grats to you and Dragona, myself and my wife have our little bundle of joy in october(or november) since its due end-month. So congrats to you!

anyways, once again, sorry all for my absense, i'll try to drop in here from time to time at work when I get the opportunity, (like during lunch) but thats the best I can do.
02 May, 2007, Guest wrote in the 9th comment:
Well you know we're here to pick up the torch if you need us to. It would be a shame to see ROCS get shelved even though family is obviously much more important.

And don't worry. If Sandstorm ganks up the memory, you know I'm there with the axe :P
03 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 10th comment:
Fortunately the "morning sickness" rarely lasts beyond the first trimester or so.. (though, it can stick around for the duration, but hopefully that won't prove the case for you guys, either way, you've got our full sympathy.) - you might ask her doctor about prenatal vitamins and phenagrin, supposedly they do wonders for "morning sickness", though the classic solution is dry saltines…

This will be Dragona's third, and my fourth (so between us this will be #5 - hopefully a girl this time, but whatever we get…), "bundle of joy" and so far we don't know what gender it'll be, and at this rate we will probably find out when the doctor announces it at delivery. :wink: (Thanks for the gratz, we're looking forward to this one being our last one.. I'm even having surgery done to ensure it in fact…)

I wouldn't worry too much about ROCS, while many of us are eager to see it (as Samson has made abundantly clear :wink:), I'm sure all of us can wait the couple of months extra for you to cope with the family crisis at hand. I do agree with Samson to the extent that if it looks like it's going to be more than just the couple of months, maybe someone could help carry the torch a bit until you're ready to resume, but I feel that family is more important than code and it's your project so it's entirely your call.
03 May, 2007, kiasyn wrote in the 11th comment:
Name the kid ROCS. That way you get both things done. ;)
03 May, 2007, Omega wrote in the 12th comment:
Ross Oscar Chris Simmerson, nice ring to it, could callem rocs if its a boy and i name it that (though, i'm, not that mean!)

As it stands, rocs won't be put on a shelf, just take longer, or be passed on for someone else to finish.

As for it being your last one conner, no worries on that, my wife told me I'm getting 2, if she doesn't tare my genetals off during the first. If not, then I get 2, after 2, i get the vasectamy, YAY! i swore i'd never let someone that close to my wang with a knife again… but apparently my wife outweighs that vow i made. :P
04 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 13th comment:
You mean you're not going to name him Sue if he's a boy? :wink:
Sounds like you two have a definite plan there. :lol: For me, I figure this being my fourth and Dragona's third child (two overlapping) is enough, so the end of this month I'm scheduled to go in and get snipped. I hear ya', but in my case I'd rather submit to the Dr than chance yet even more kids. *shrug*
07 May, 2007, Pedlar wrote in the 14th comment:
Bah, id never let a Dr get close to my nuts, fuck that shit, but im 18, by the time i make it to you old geezers age, i might be singing a diffrent tune.

Currently, I might have a kid on the way x.X Hope i do, if not, im young, so i have alot more time to try again, if so, well, ill be gone alot since id have to actually get my own appartment.
08 May, 2007, Conner wrote in the 15th comment:
Pedlar said:
Bah, id never let a Dr get close to my nuts, fuck that shit, but im 18, by the time i make it to you old geezers age, i might be singing a diffrent tune.

Currently, I might have a kid on the way x.X Hope i do, if not, im young, so i have alot more time to try again, if so, well, ill be gone alot since id have to actually get my own appartment.

If you do have one on the way, Gratz.. you'll learn soon enough to be careful what you wish for though. :wink:
No worries, Pedlar, you're only 18, if the war in Iraq continues (let alone escalates) you could find yourself not needing to let a surgeon that close to your nuts long before your the age of us old geezers. :tongue:
0.0/15