14 Jan, 2010, deathrow35 wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
hey, i am starting a new mud using rom codebase(quickmud). I am in the need for all sorts of staff. I would like to have another coder or 2 to help me out. I would like to get stuff going a bit quicker. Also, I am looking for 4-5 builders and really need a head builder to kind of take my attention off of the building aspect. If you have any talents in MUDding, you are more than welcome to stop by. I am planning on my an medieval times theme where kingdoms will attack other and such. Have many ideas in mind and am always open to more. I plan on making this as balanced as possible. It seems like people these days don't worry much about that. Anyways, if you would like to stop by and talk the mud address is…
moemuds.com 4011 and builder port 4012 or you can email me at infielder3535@yahoo.com. Also, if any coder would like to help me co-imp and have the skills, that always helps.
Thanks,
Lynx
14 Jan, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 2nd comment:
hey Lynx, it sounds like you have it together a little more than most people advertising for staff, but could you describe in a little more detail what features you have planned, and maybe what inspires you for setting and theme…medieval times is pretty general. Do you mean gritty low-magic medieval, fantasy like Raymond Feist books, or like George R.R. Martin? As it is your ad (in my opinion) doesn't do much to entice people to learn more.
14 Jan, 2010, deathrow35 wrote in the 3rd comment:
Yea you are right. I appreciate the reply. Well, i don't really want to base it on a book. i am planning like in the ancient times. Ancient civilizations intrigue me and trying to come up with something like i think would be new and a little realistic. I will have magic and such so it will be fantasy in that way(unless you believe in magic :). Anyways, I want to have kingdoms have where players can become king and run just like one would have been in the Ancient times. I am trying to have more realistic classes such as knight, samurai, assassins, ninja and even a pirate class with no guns of course. i want a boating system so when you attack you would have to sail across an ocean and such. Although to do the things i want with the kingdoms, I will need a decent amount of players. as for features…
15-20 class, remort/tier system(haven't decided) 10-15 races, player arena, planning a mob arena to earn tokens towards very good equipment, questor, clans, available pk, raiding system, roleplay encouraged, player homes(inside their kingdom) stances, boating system(still looking into this), random objs, mostly looking into some stuff to keep heroes occupied besides having to pk 24/7
Anyways, most of that is in the works right now, but it takes time :)
lynx
14 Jan, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 4th comment:
cool, that is a better description. By ancient I'm guessing you mean historical empires and so on…since when I think of ancient I think of Greece, Egypt, Sumeria, etcetera, while knights, ninja, samurai and so on are more in the medieval ages.

So maybe you're talking something like medieval kingdoms of different cultures waging war…for example, if England and Japan were not thousands of miles apart, what if instead they were as close as England and France. This is a little implausible since the distance in part is what created such different cultures (in the real world), but you could probably think of some different reasons for two cultures close by being so different…perhaps due to magical barriers that don't allow a lot of inter-cultural exchange.

Maybe you could extend this a bit…what if you had something based on England (knights), Japan (samurai), Iceland (for the Vikings), Cuba (pirates)…Hawaii (animal shamans?) all pretty close, with magical barriers which PC heroes could cross…anyway just off on a tangent.
14 Jan, 2010, deathrow35 wrote in the 5th comment:
Yea, i have thought about that both don't know how would be with all magic users vs all warrior for example. But yyou have the right idea. There was a show on called Deadliest Warrior where they compared different warriors from different ages. thats where i am going with that. I don't know maybe some others out there are interested in it. Just thought it would be pretty cool. thought about maybe having vikings for the raiding since they were so ruthless. I like the ideas to btw, keep them coming :)
14 Jan, 2010, Idealiad wrote in the 6th comment:
deathrow35 said:
Yea, i have thought about that both don't know how would be with all magic users vs all warrior for example

Depending on how you set up classes/skills, you could give each kingdom a balanced set of roles. So for example in one you'd have the equivalent of samurai, ninja, and monks. In another you'd have knights, thieves, and wizards. Another would have vikings, bards, and seers, and so on. Each role would be roughly the same but with differences based both on abilities and simple cosmetic flavor.
14 Jan, 2010, deathrow35 wrote in the 7th comment:
That trues, I thought you were saying keep all viking confined to one kingdom by themselves and so on. If I mixed them up it would work out nicely.
22 Jan, 2010, deathrow35 wrote in the 8th comment:
Sorry but the mud address and been changed to frostmud.com 8240
Thanks
22 Jan, 2010, jurdendurden wrote in the 9th comment:
deathrow35 said:
Sorry but the mud address and been changed to frostmud.com 8240
Thanks

Ironic I just posted that you could try out frostmud for a free hosting site on your other thread about the same topic. :) That's what I'm currently using until I open for good (when I'll upgrade to a pay to play server). Good luck sir!
0.0/9