27 Dec, 2009, jurdendurden wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
This is a Rom based mud with several features to set it above the rest, including but not limited to:

- multi classing (true d&d style)
- ships (player owned and operated)
- a living economy (affected by almost everything)
- extended immortal functions (for running in game quests and such)
- weapon specialization for fighters.
- elemental specialization for wizards.
- mages learn spells from scrolls, and can scribe them to teach other mages.
- traps, trap detection, etc…
- and many many other features not unlike Ad&D 2nd ed.
- many expansions for OLC to give new areas more flavor. (oprogs, new sectors, new flags (for objs/rooms).
- complete removal of stock areas. We're in the process of rebuilding our world from scratch.

Features planned in the future:

- caravans which take goods from one city to another, which can at times be ambushed.
- new combat system, initiative based, involving weapon speeds, etc…
- 'instanced' dragons, with smart AI who can devastate towns and then run to hide in their lair.
- resource gathering: foraging, mining, etc..
- crafting, such as farming, cooking, alchemy, etc… these will be another staple of the mudwide economy.
- and much much more.
- skill trees based on skill prerequisites and stat requirements.

So, if you're interested in building/playtesting here, please let me know. Drop by frostmud.com:8176 or just email me at drew.haley@gmail.com. Hope to see you there!
27 Dec, 2009, Lyanic wrote in the 2nd comment:
Isn't this a duplicate thread?
28 Dec, 2009, jurdendurden wrote in the 3rd comment:
Not quite. Some things have changed, and it's been roughly a month since I posted previously. Is that still too soon?
28 Dec, 2009, David Haley wrote in the 4th comment:
I think about once a month is probably ok especially if stuff changed non-trivially. Lyanic might just be a bit touchy from the people who post once a week. :wink:
0.0/4