27 Dec, 2009, triskaledia wrote in the 1st comment:
Votes: 0
A while back I designed a random_gem code, with the help of some of you. At that time I also attempted to do a random_equipment code, failed.
Within db.c in the load_old_obj I attempted to do an if obj->vnum equals 18 (the number I had defined) to call out to the random_equipment code to change all the values that gets set up within the load_old_obj. It ended up not changing the values and resetting a blank obj to the mob. To save me some more mental frustration and embarrassment I sought out snippets here, but found only random item codes that load the objects upon death. That's a start for me, at least I can get random objects to start loading once I get it coded in. However, the idea of objects loading upon death is quite lame to me, because I figure what monster is going to carry around a bunch of armour/weapons and not wear any of them? If there is a link I have missed with a random_item that loads the objects to the character before death I'd appreciate it, or psuedo code. I often over look aspects of code when I try to psuedo code.
–Silence Tyire of Reanimation
27 Dec, 2009, triskaledia wrote in the 2nd comment:
Forgot to say: As always running a modified ROM 2.4 QuickMUD.
27 Dec, 2009, Koron wrote in the 3rd comment:
Can't you just move the object generation call from the death function to the create_mobile function? (Obviously, your function names may vary.)
28 Dec, 2009, Kline wrote in the 4th comment:
If you are using [link=file]2580[/link] just do as Koron suggested; create the object when you load the mob vs on death. I only use mine loading on death to prevent people from look-checking mobs to see what mob is "of value" to kill for gear. All gear in the game the code is used in is from random drops only.
28 Dec, 2009, Cratylus wrote in the 5th comment:
lolx h4x
0.0/5